PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Isabell

imported_Astrono
2003-Sep-18, 03:07 AM
Hi all!
The hurricane storm will miss us in SC and hit farther north in NC.

Kinda puts a damper on their observing though!

I took some 35mm film with pics of Mars to be developed at a local store and they did not see the tiny dots of the moon and mars so they did not print them!
I will try and get them redone.

Stay safe!
:(

KB3HTS
2003-Sep-18, 06:28 PM
Hereabouts in Pittsburgh, PA, we're scheduled to get the remains of the hurricane after it finishes up down in North Carolina. It clouded up around 10am and ever since the leaves on all the trees have been moving back and forth slowly without really stopping at all... :unsure:
The remains of the hurricane are coming through sometime between 3am and 3pm Friday but we're still getting gusts at tropical storm strength and flood watches, which are a problem in an area with many rivers etc. I'm not letting my portable Ham radio out of sight tomorrow, just in case...

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-18, 10:05 PM
Stay safe.
I'm just lucky I don't live anywhere near the coast, does anyone know how far the storm is supposed to reach inland?

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-22, 05:49 AM
Yeah, i wish all the best to you guys stateside, particularly in Florida at the moment, i think it must be something about my family though, because Isabel is my sister's name and Wilma is my mother's. And was their a hurrican Emily earlier this season?, because that happens to be my other sister's name.

Anyhoo, hope it peters out to a tropical depression without doing too much damage.

Kullat Nunu
2005-Oct-26, 03:12 PM
Emily (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Emily) was a very strong 4 (possibly even a category 5) hurricane in July that ravaged pretty much the same region in Yucatan as Wilma before continuing to Mexico/Texas border.