PDA

View Full Version : The Younger Generation

KB3HTS
2003-Sep-19, 04:06 PM
Hey all,
I was just wondering: who on this forum is under the age of 21? And if you fall under the above category, where are you in your learning careers and what do you plan to do with your lives?

Me first! I'm a 17 year old high school senior who needs to figure out in the near future just where I want to apply for college. When I get to the currently-unknown institution of higher learning I want to study all the physics, astronomy, and engineering courses I can talk my way into. This is all so I can become a radio astronomer and after THAT talk my way into the astronaut corps. Grand ideals are fun, aren't they? B)

Josh
2003-Sep-20, 01:19 AM
Well KB3HTS,

I'm not in your age category. I'm an old man - 25. But I just wanted to pop in and say good luck and run with your goals! I hope one day you're posting to the forum on your way to mars or something!

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-20, 01:33 AM
I know a good cane store in town Josh.....
Anyway, I'm the youngest yet I think, only 15 and a freshman in high school. I'd like to get into something along the lines of computer programming. I'm also interested in math, and atomic structure, and of course just about anyting to do with space!

jenda111
2003-Sep-20, 03:27 PM
well,if someone,aged 25 is old,I don't know what to call 53,perhaps "antique" or "venerable"..
it is a long way to radioastronomy or atomic research,both valuable fields of inquiery
but GO FOR IT(I hope that is young enough language)
jenda111

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-21, 05:16 PM
How about "ancient?"

Fraser
2003-Sep-21, 05:33 PM
Well, I just turned 32, so I guess that puts me out of the under 21 crowd. My daughter looks at the website when I'm working, so at 1, she's got you all beat.

eggplant
2003-Sep-22, 12:29 AM
I was born during the hour or two Scott Carpenter was upside down in his capsule in the Pacific (3rd American gemini). You're either old enough to remember it or you've got plenty of time to live your dreams before your my age...
Nice Physics/Astronomy program at my alma matre.. UCSC... Lick Observatory et al...

DippyHippy
2003-Sep-26, 05:14 AM
Fraser's just a couple of months younger than me... I turned 32 in June... finally, my age has surpassed my IQ... LOL

I'm curious to know the average age of posters though...

Dips

Josh
2003-Sep-26, 05:25 AM
okay ... everyone give their average age.

OverTheStars
2003-Nov-13, 01:43 AM
i'm 15, 3.11.88.

Haglund
2003-Nov-13, 07:08 AM
I'm 26.

Menikmati
2003-Nov-13, 04:52 PM
I'm 18

My goals are to be a teacher in the fields of astronomy or cosmology at a college level. I can't wait to wake up knowing I have to teach science all day!!! :)

Jenda111 I wouldn't consider 53 "ancient" or "antique", my dad, he is only 52 and I wouldn't consider him old at all. But with age comes experience and experience is knowledge, so you can say you are that much wiser then us :)