PDA

View Full Version : Images

Catherine Coyne
2003-Sep-19, 06:48 PM
I want to commend you, Fraser, on the incredible images you display every day on Universe Today. Some are absolutely spectacular!

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-20, 01:44 AM
Yea, where do you get all thoes articles and whatnot? Its some really interesting stuff!

eggplant
2003-Sep-21, 03:25 AM
If you like images you can see many many more... I just followed the story source links to the sites image libraries and found more than I could ever use/print/play with in Flash5...
He (Fraser) does seem to find them first... Wonder how he knows?
Yes commendations are in order for the Fraserini? Frasermon, Fraserster, Frayman? I never could figure that out...
;)

Fraser
2003-Sep-21, 04:38 AM
Well, don't thank me, thank NASA, ESA, etc. I'm just the messenger. I'm glad you like the photos/stories. I aim to please.

Uh... just Fraser is fine. :-)

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-21, 05:07 PM
:D
Whats ESA?

Fraser
2003-Sep-21, 05:09 PM
The European Space Agency

AstroStart.nl
2003-Sep-30, 06:39 AM
:rolleyes: Don't know what ESA is? Are there more people who don't know what ESA is?

Matthew
2003-Oct-09, 10:13 AM
ESA isn't as known as NASA. Though ESA is made up of various countries not just one country so if ESA does something its not credited to a particular country as anything that NASA does is. There are 12 countries apart of ESA (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland). ESA owns a major bit in Ariane, and owned Skylab.

EagleUK
2003-Oct-09, 07:36 PM
I agree with the other posters - some of these images are incredible.

I'm disappointed, though, with the pictures that I got through Shutterfly. (See ad to the right) Although the selection was excellent (thanks, Fraser!), the quality wasn't what I expected. I guess that I expected some sort of ultra-high resolution photos, coming from Hubble, but they just didn't look all that spectacular. More like somebody just popped out there with a 35mm and snapped off a few shots. The press release prints that I've seen have better resolution and color balance, so I suspect it's down to an automated printing process. It's a shame, as I was looking for photos that were suitable for framing. These aren't.

Perhaps I'm just being too picky. Anyone else ordered from Shutterfly? What did you think of your results? Has anyone ordered from other sources?

V/R,

EagleUK

Fraser
2003-Nov-12, 08:08 AM
I ordered some samples from them when I signed up with the service and I thought they were pretty nice. It really depends on the source image, though. Were any better than others? It could be that there's a problem with specific images.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-21, 09:13 AM
brilliant pictures Fraser!

tycho1981
2003-Dec-21, 04:10 PM
I feel unhappy ESA is so less unknown!, but it's a marketleader of sattelitelaunches and a lot things as of NASA! shame...:0

damienpaul
2003-Dec-21, 07:45 PM
just think of us aussies, our space program is so unknown..i have no iddea who they are!!!! someone please enlighten me!

Matthew
2003-Dec-23, 12:43 AM
just think of us aussies, our space program is so unknown..i have no iddea who they are!!!! someone please enlighten me!

Well.. we were the landing place of SkyLab!

tycho1981
2003-Dec-23, 01:01 AM
Mars Express is from ESA! know enough? :D
2 days to go! what time will beagle land?, GMT+1 ?(netherlands)

zephyr46
2003-Dec-23, 01:18 AM
Quite a Christmas present !
damienpaul,
Fedsat was in the news recently Center for Cooperative Research Satelite systems (http://www.crcss.csiro.au/) is the best I can do, oh and the CSIRO (you read my rip off yesterday didn't you ?

:)

damienpaul
2003-Dec-23, 03:18 AM
yes i did, zeph...lol i think your suggestion may just be it...CSIRO has taken over many science endeavours and are seriously underfunded!