PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Forum is Really Taking Off

Fraser
2003-Sep-20, 05:40 PM
SUMMARY: Wow, what a response. In just one day more than 120 of you joined the forum and participated in some great conversations. I really appreciate everyone's support and participation. So far the conversations have been generous and thoughtful, there are some really nice people taking part.

I'm also gratified to see people from the space and astronomy industry taking part to help answer people's questions.

Here are some recent posts of interest:

Chandra Finds Wind Blowing Away From a Black Hole - Charles Bell wanted to know why material is streaming away from a black hole instead of getting sucked in. Dr. Patrick Ogle, the researcher who performed the research provided a great answer.

What Happened to Those Worms? - Ever wonder what happened to the worms that survived the Columbia disaster? I called NASA and got an answer right from the person who's taking care of their offspring.

What Does the Milky Way Look Like? - It's right over our head, but have you ever actually seen it? Maybe you need to go somewhere darker.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting. Check out the forum and participate. I'll tag some discussion summaries down at the bottom of future editions of the newsletter.

Take care,

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

Comments or questions about this story? Feel free to share your thoughts.