PDA

View Full Version : the moon as a launch site ,or habitation

sloanedarael
2003-Sep-24, 10:09 PM
it occurs to me that thew lunar surface is the perfect place to start habitating, once there we can fully understand the rigors of day to day weightlessness...before mars man should habitate the nearest celestial equivalent,fail to prepare & prepare to fail

imported_Draco
2003-Sep-24, 11:58 PM
Yeah we should start to invade the planets and moons of the solar system one by one, bwuahahahahahaha:p
Yeah the moon would be a good idea, closest celestial body to Earth, then after the moon is inhabited by us, we could then migrate to Mars, and possibly its moons, then build a space station near Jupiter then proceed to the outer planets!

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-30, 05:23 PM
it occurs to me that thew lunar surface is the perfect place to start habitating, once there we can fully understand the rigors of day to day weightlessness...before mars man should habitate the nearest celestial equivalent,fail to prepare & prepare to fail

Wholeheartedly agree, the Moon is where we should be going, and it's a place we should be going soon. I would hope to see a permanent Human presence on the Moon, in the shape of some sort of Moonbase, by 2030.

I can say now that I'll be disappointed if that's something we don't achieve, but it's definitely not something that looks exceedingly likely right at the minute. :confused: