PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: RSS Edition of Universe Today

Fraser
2003-Oct-02, 10:25 PM
SUMMARY: It was easy to do, so I figured, why not? For those of you who have any idea what I'm talking about, I've added an RSS syndication feed to Universe Today. If you have an RSS reader or syndication service, you can point it at http://www.universetoday.com/universetoday.xml and download the latest headlines. I'll only be updating this document once a day, so don't bother grabbing it more often than that.

For everyone else who has no idea what I'm talking about, RSS is a standard way of downloading and syndicating news headlines. You can use special news reader which can scan dozens or hundreds of news sites and grab all the latest stories. The best software I've seen for this is called FeedDemon, which you can read more about here. Another use for the RSS feed is for programmers to automatically Universe Today's news stories into another website. Similar to the syndication service I've been running for several years.

For most of you, however, the RSS version of the newsletter is totally redundant. This email newsletter does the exactly the same thing. Just let your eyes glaze over the technobabble...

Thanks!

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

Comments or questions about this story? Feel free to share your thoughts.