PDA

View Full Version : Must Read!!!

Deep_Eye
2003-Oct-06, 10:39 PM
OK, I just finished reading a really good book, its called "Angels and Demons" and its by Dan Brown, who also wrote the "DA Vinchi Code." It talks a lot about anitmatter and the CERN research facility. Its a great fictional read but the author did a lot of research!

Locke
2003-Oct-07, 04:30 AM
They are good books. And was it Digital Fortress? That was good too.

-Locke

WendellG
2003-Oct-07, 06:07 PM
Hey Locke: I just purchased "Children Of
the Mind" by O.S. Card. Hopefully, I'll be able to start it tonight.

Wendell

Deep_Eye
2003-Oct-07, 10:24 PM
Yes, Digital Fortress and Deception point are by Dan Brown as well. I'm reading Seabiscuit now, after seeing the movie not too long ago. I hope its as good!
Children of the Mind is a strange book I think, not as well written as the first three in the Ender series, so be patient with it WendellG, it does get to be a fairly good book.

Graceless
2003-Dec-01, 10:49 AM
One of my latest favourite reads has been "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. I haven't read anything like it, and likely won't again. It made me sit back and cry once I had finished reading it, for the pure and simple reason that the subtext was beautiful. Please, read it.
I'm a Douglas Coupland fan as well, and I think "Life After God" has stuck with me through the years. It's a collection of short stories about the end of the world....and what happens in those final moments to various people. Plus, he's a Canadian. *waves tiny flag*
Jostein Gaarder is also an amazing author. "Sophie's World" was my first read, and I've since built up a nice little Gaarder collection. Highly intelligent, lots of imagination. Plus, I've noticed a running link between them all. Usually I can't stand that, but he pulls it off nicely.
And I'm utterly devoted to Pride & Prejudice. My favourite novel of all time, which I read once every few months it seems. I have this old battered paperback copy that is almost falling apart. I guess it's time to buy a new one.

There. Off to the bookstore with you!