PDA

View Full Version : other dimensions

Tinaa
2003-Oct-11, 12:53 PM
Like others in this forum, I have a hard time imagining a 4D (or more) object. I have enjoyed the art of MC Escher for many years. Some of his works can really blow your mind. One site: www.worldofescher.com will show some of his posters. Take the time to study some of the art. I'll give your mind something else about which to wonder! You may be be able to envision other dimensions after seeing Escher's graphics.

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-30, 02:34 PM
Like others in this forum, I have a hard time imagining a 4D (or more) object. I have enjoyed the art of MC Escher for many years. Some of his works can really blow your mind. One site: www.worldofescher.com will show some of his posters. Take the time to study some of the art. I'll give your mind something else about which to wonder! You may be be able to envision other dimensions after seeing Escher's graphics.

I just love this guy! :)

Putting some of his art on your walls really makes a place in my book. I always love the quizzical looks people give his artwork. Always makes me smiley smile.

Enzp
2005-Oct-30, 08:21 PM
I built one of his stairwells in my house, but after that I could never get out of the basement.

Candy
2005-Oct-30, 10:10 PM
There's this guy at work that has Escher's work all over his cubicle. He even has an Escher screensaver. I work weekends and Midnights, so I have never gotten to meet the guy. I bet he's cool.

I will take some photos of his cubicle tonight, and post the stuff tomorrow. I noticed last week he has now acquired an abacus. Let's hope he still has some of the 4D up. I haven't walked by his desk in awhile, but I did see the abacus on his top shelf area in passing. I can only see the top of his cubicle when passing, unless I go about a maze full of dimensions. ;)