PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Another Reminder: Lunar Eclipse ...

Fraser
2003-Nov-06, 04:30 PM
SUMMARY: Just in case you'd forgotten, here's another reminder of Saturday's total lunar eclipse, visible from most of the Americas, Europe and Africa. The visible eclipse begins at 2332 GMT (6:32 pm EST) and the maximum happens at 0119 GMT Sunday (8:19 pm EST Saturday). The Moon is just going to skim inside the Earth's shadow, so it won't be a long eclipse, but you should still be able to see it turn dark and then a coppery red colour before exiting the shadow again. If you can't see the eclipse where you live, return to Universe Today - we'll be showcasing various astrocameras around the world broadcasting the eclipse live.

Comments or questions about this story? Feel free to share your thoughts.

DippyHippy
2003-Nov-07, 12:47 AM
I was looking forward to this but I'll be landing in Oklahoma just as it reaches mid-eclipse and the forecast isn't good...

It's only a short hop flight from Dallas, about 30 mins in the air in a twin prop, so I can't see us reaching an altitude high enough to fly over the clouds either... :(

Josh
2003-Nov-07, 05:23 AM
And those of us down (!?) here in Australia will get to miss it altogether.

I did read this story though of What the eclipse would look like from the moon (http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/04nov_lunareclipse2105.htm). Perhaps one day we'll all get to see something that we can only imagine to be so beautiful. *hums romantic tunes*