PDA

View Full Version : Three New Moderators

Fraser
2003-Nov-07, 05:29 AM
Thanks to their active involvement on the Universe Today forums, I've added three new moderators:

- Dippy Hippy
- Matthew
- Planetwatcher

They've all been subscribers to Universe Today for years and all around supportive of the website and really active in the forum. So, I thought I'd reward them with a little power.

So, thank them in advance for the great work they're going to do keeping our little community safe and sound.

Josh
2003-Nov-07, 05:33 AM
Congrats boys...

Remember, with Power comes great ... ability to delete people's posts or edit them so they sound funny. Enjoy.

jimmy
2003-Nov-07, 05:49 AM
Well deserved, good job fellas.

DippyHippy
2003-Nov-08, 02:53 AM
Thanks guys :)

...and Josh, I've resisted the urge to edit YOUR reply :lol:

Josh
2003-Nov-08, 03:08 AM
What??? I had completely expected you to edit it!! that's what it's there for! sheesh. Time in power completely corrupts you ... or some *******isation of the saying.

Hi my name is Josh and I am ugly

DippyHippy
2003-Nov-08, 03:36 AM
Nah, I'm too honest for that *cough*

Of course, if you were really smart, you'd have written your post to make it seem as though I was a big fat poo poo head, because I am. :D

imported_Draco
2003-Nov-08, 08:42 AM
*weeps* I want to be a moderator waaaah! *sobs*
:P

kashi
2003-Nov-08, 10:10 AM
hahahahahahaha

Chook
2003-Dec-09, 05:29 AM
Congrats to you three guys ...
but do you blokes ever do any work???
Josh 428 posts
Dippy Hippy 451 posts
Kashi 419 posts
Draco 367 (Is the magic number 400+?)
Don't blame you though - it's a terrific forum with great guys out front.
Nearly as entertaining as drinking Tooeys Light.
Cheers

kashi
2003-Dec-09, 08:27 AM
Who drinks Tooheys Light?

Chook
2003-Dec-09, 07:00 PM
Quote Kashi "Who drinks Tooheys Light?"

This delightful ale, refreshing to the palate after an hours bask in the NSW sun, is unfortunately little known in Mexico.

That's why they are always inside - tapping away on their computers - keeping warm.

Try visiting sunny Coffs Harbour NSW - (officially) "The Most Liveable Town in the World" - wouldn't swap it for Victoria; or Canada for that matter (although Canada is very beautiful, I believe, if you can stand the cold).

zephyr46
2003-Dec-10, 12:19 AM
So you'll be voting Democrats Chook?

DippyHippy
2003-Dec-10, 12:38 AM
LOL Chook

I *only* post when I'm at work... I work nights from 9pm to 6:30am, 4 nights on, 4 nights off. This is night 4 so now I'm off until Sunday 14th...

Woohoo!!!

:D

Graceless
2003-Dec-11, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Chook@Dec 9 2003, 05:29 AM
Congrats to you three guys ...
but do you blokes ever do any work???
I have it on good authority that Josh doesn't work.

Josh
2003-Dec-11, 03:41 AM
Hah! If you think that riding around on a scooter and parking it and leaving it there and reading books in book shops or going to the movies isn't work then FINE! I don't know what is!

And Tooheys Light isn't well known down here because we aren't **** weak light beer drinkers. ;)

zephyr46
2003-Dec-11, 04:16 AM
You would drink VB, wouldn't you?

On the subject of VB, would anyone know the stars with the clasification VB, I think they are Brown Dwarfs and earlier contenders for Exoplanets ???

kashi
2003-Dec-11, 07:31 AM
Amen to that Josh. They had to give Toohey's New away at Melbourne University!

Planetwatcher
2003-Dec-11, 07:21 PM
Congrats to you three guys... but do you blokes ever do any work???
I do. That's why I'm lagging behind the other moderators in postings. But then if you were to ask my wife, I'm a lazy SOB who is always on the computer.
Or ask my boss, and she will tell you that if I could work as fast as I can calculate planet positions, she could afford to lay of 2 or 3 people. On the other hand my union calls that job security and strongly encourage me to continue to persue my field of interests.

Chook
2003-Dec-12, 03:52 AM
Naughty Zephr46 talking politics ....

But, nah ..., I think I'd rather Spot Destroyer than the d'head who nicked the Libs' 5 bottles of wine. Ha! Then going off on Health Leave. Must'a been good wine!

(This is a Aussie In-Joke fellas ...)

Matthew
2003-Dec-12, 05:22 AM
Well there's another new moderator, Parker. Congratulations!

Josh
2003-Dec-12, 06:39 AM
Oh come on .. stealing the grog is a very aussie thing to do. I think he should be made PM immeadiately!

Graceless
2003-Dec-13, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Josh@Dec 11 2003, 03:41 AM
Hah! If you think that riding around on a scooter and parking it and leaving it there and reading books in book shops or going to the movies isn't work then FINE! I don't know what is!
I was more referring to getting paid to keep me company ;) Courtesy of the Australian government.

Josh
2003-Dec-14, 08:35 AM
Oh yes. There was that. hahaha.

Planetwatcher
2003-Dec-14, 07:25 PM
Go for it Josh. :D

damienpaul
2003-Dec-16, 05:14 AM
as a new guy here from Australia, i can honestly say that Tooheys is dishwater compared to VB

Josh
2003-Dec-16, 10:26 AM
I'm a carlton draught man these days. Crownies for special occassions. ;)

damienpaul
2003-Dec-16, 01:27 PM
Oh come on .. stealing the grog is a very aussie thing to do. I think he should be made PM immeadiately!

Well gotta be better than the one we got now!!!

Sorry had to make a political stamp somewhere!