PDA

View Full Version : Space Shuttle tile replacement system

Luke
2003-Nov-20, 10:30 AM
Hello my name is Luke I am from England, where we have the higest number of inventors per head in the world. I would like to tell you about an inventor called "Fred" who has appered on Sky TV's Discovery Science channel a few times with his off beat invention that protects people or things from fire. He has made in his shed a mixture of petrochemical products that only he knows the formula too and he keeps it in his head for safe keeping. Basically he is a genius because after putting some of this magic liquid on his unprotected bare hand, it foams and then after a few minuites will protect his hand fully from the very hot flame of a blow torch. After seeing him twice in the past year and realising that the space shuttle needs updating, I have tryed to make contact with NASA to no avail. So my American buddies I am letting you know that there is substantial help here in the UK in the form of this mans "Freds" fire protection formula. Imagine a seemles spray on and then foam (it hardens) new fire protection system for the space shuttle. It shure as hell would beat the clumsy mosiac that currently sits on the bird. Could someone please let NASA know that if they worked with this UK inventor I am sure manned spaceflight would greatly benifit.

kashi
2003-Nov-20, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. An inventer called "Fred" hey? Perhaps you could give us more details. Some urls or something.

For the record this is not a US forum!

Kashi

Luke
2003-Dec-03, 01:19 PM
:) Discovery Science channel Europe address is :

Discovery Communications Europe
PO Box 4424
London
W1A 7QU
UK

I hope that this might be of help if there is anyone out there or someone who knows someone from NASA who could research Fread's innovative fire protection invention and find out what his surname is. Then they could get to make contact with him and see his amazing invention work for themselves. I know this sounds like a bit of a long shot but I did write to NASA to let them know about it. But I am sure that 99.9% of the mail gets binned because it would cost too much in administration to read and answer all that mail. I hope an administrater reads this subject as I think that they do have contacts at NASA. :D

Fraser
2003-Dec-03, 03:43 PM
Here's the email you can send your suggestion to NASA

rtfsuggestions@nasa.gov

Supposedly they're reading it all and considering all the suggestions they've gotten so far. Send it in!

Matthew
2003-Dec-04, 06:30 AM
'Fred' would need to give up his formula to NASA if he wanted them to use his fire protecting spray. But imagine the amount of marketing he could do, "as used on the Space Shuttle by NASA". He'd make millions.