PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Total Solar Eclipse Over ...

Fraser
2003-Nov-20, 11:17 PM
SUMMARY: Some residents of Antarctica will have the opportunity to see a total solar eclipse on November 23, 2003. Since that's mostly just penguins, astronomers and tourists are traveling to the path of totality in boats and airplanes - to be at the right place at the right time when the eclipse happens. Passengers in a moving aircraft will be able to watch the eclipse for a total 2 minutes, 36 seconds, while people on the ground will only see it for less than 2 minutes.

Comments or questions about this story? Feel free to share your thoughts.

DippyHippy
2003-Nov-21, 12:40 AM
I would love to see Antarctica... not sure I'd want to spend a whole lot of time there, but what a perfect excuse for a visit!!! A total solar eclipse and penguins... what more could you want?? :D

Josh
2003-Nov-21, 02:06 AM
I nearly went on a 3-6 month stint in Antarctica ... was going to be working as a maintenence guy for the air conditioning and heating systems. Instead I'm at uni doing my masters. bah ... let me make this decision again and see which i choose next time round!

Maybe if i get up on a ladder to see over the horizon I might be able to get a glimpse of the eclipse happening over there. Aussie isn't that far away.