PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Chook
2003-Dec-05, 08:18 AM
Merry Christmas everybody .....
Enjoy this UNIVERSETODAY Christmas Cake.
Ingredience:
1 or 2 quarts rum
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 cup of fried fruit
1 teaspoon soda
some brown sugar
1 cup of butter
2 large eggs
baking powder
lemon juice
nuts
Before you start sample the rum to check for quality.
Method:
Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup etc. Check rum again. It MUST be just right to be sure the rum is of the highest qualit, so pour one level cup into a glass nd drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
With an electric mixer, beat butter in a large fluffy bowl, add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make sure the rum is of the finest quality so try another cup, or two - open a second quart if necessary. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 cups fried druit, and beat until high.
If druit gets stuck in the beaters just pry druit loose with a drew scriver. Rample sum again, checking tonscisticity. Nezt, sift 3 cups pepper or salt (doesn't matter.
Sample rum again. Sift half a pint of lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Sample rum. Add 1 babbelspoon of brown thugar, or whatever colour you can find. Mix well.
Grease oven and turn pake can to 350 gegrees. Now pour the whole mess into the boven and ake.
Check rum again - and go to bed.
CHERRY MISTMAS! Hic!?

Matthew
2003-Dec-06, 06:11 AM
No, you need brandy in a Christmas Cake!

Chook
2003-Dec-06, 11:13 PM
Hey Mat -
Randy, brum, port, beer - who cares … hic!%*)&^

jimmy
2003-Dec-09, 05:35 PM
Chook, thanks for the recipe. I tried it with some Tortugan Rum Cream and it was delicious. Of course, I haven't gotten past the first step yet, but maybe by Christmas???
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

kashi
2003-Dec-09, 11:06 PM
I believe Matthew is correct. Brandy is used traditionally.

zephyr46
2003-Dec-10, 12:21 AM
Merry Christmas guys, sorry, I don't drink (any more).
seasons greetings to ya's though, and a happy new year. :)

Chook
2003-Dec-10, 02:18 AM
They're very conservative in Mexico!
Come-on ... use your imagination and experiment. Try some Space Juice :lol:

zephyr46
2003-Dec-10, 02:24 AM
I'm not mexican
I do have a Jim Beam and cola or two at christmas, but this year has bean long and painful, so I think I'll wait till my golf on Io game before I have another Drink, but chook have a good one man :)

Chook
2003-Dec-11, 10:54 PM
To Zephy46:
Sorry Neil, my mistake - I thought your were from Victoria. You know what they are like down there!

No - I hardly drink either - but love the Christmas Spirit and the opportunity of foolin' around.

Chook

damienpaul
2003-Dec-20, 04:48 PM
we use the mystical waters of the Todd River....but failing that as we usually do...we use brandy too