PDA

View Full Version : Another Aussie on the Block

damienpaul
2003-Dec-16, 02:07 PM
I have ben on this site off an on for the past day and I think its great as an amateur and as a teacher, i look forward to participating.

Josh
2003-Dec-16, 10:18 PM
Welcome, welcome. As an Australian, your "how to take over the world via Universe Today" pamphlet is in the email.

Fraser
2003-Dec-16, 10:54 PM
Uh... you know how expensive it is to mail stuff to Australia from Canada? Yikes. We're on a budget Josh. ;-)

Tinaa
2003-Dec-17, 02:26 AM
Stop it Josh! You are scaring me!

seeker372011
2003-Dec-17, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Josh@Dec 16 2003, 10:18 PM
Welcome, welcome. As an Australian, your "how to take over the world via Universe Today" pamphlet is in the email.
Uh Josh did'nt you mean...:take over the multiverse" pamphlet?

Or is the idea to start small -with the world- and then slowly expand so Tinaa can get used to the idea???

damienpaul
2003-Dec-17, 03:41 AM
Exactly, the multiverse!!! ;)

Send the pamphlet by email, it will be far cheaper....lol

Matthew
2003-Dec-17, 05:23 AM

Where's mine Josh?

Fraser
2003-Dec-17, 06:35 AM
I only sent one to Australia, Josh was supposed to drive around the continent and share it with you guys.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-17, 08:14 AM
and around the continent on a penny-farthing bike, wearing a suite and a top hat!

Josh
2003-Dec-17, 12:40 PM
See .. that was part of the beauty of the plan. Bankrupt Canadia. I'm not sure what the next step is after that's achieved but I'm sure I'll think of it. After all I'm an ideas man. (All you aussies should get that joke.)

Now, Fraser. My pet kangaroo isn't in a hopping mood so the distribution will have to wait. Plus I'm translating it from canadan to australian (or "streen" as some might say).

Planetwatcher
2003-Dec-17, 05:34 PM
Welcome damienpaul.
If you have only been here for one day, and made so many posts, you will surely become a contributing member. Or you are well on your way to taking over this joint.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-17, 05:36 PM
Like an Aussie, my plan is to take over the multiverse!!!! B)

Chook
2003-Dec-17, 07:41 PM
Come-on you blokes .... Alice Springites are so remote they don't even know where the rest of Australia is, less the rest of the world!

Mmmmm ... Mate - Australia has 7 states (or is it 6?) counting that little island below Mexico. There are a couple of islands up North .......... called ...... where
the original Aussies came from ....... and the rest of us from ..... a couple of little islands up north ..... further away called the UK ........ (DippyHiip comes from there) then there is ....... :D

damienpaul
2003-Dec-17, 07:46 PM
we all know the Territory rules Australia!

DippyHippy
2003-Dec-17, 11:06 PM
We've got a lot of Aussies here... I'm beginning to think it's a Canadian / Australian co-venture LOL

kashi
2003-Dec-18, 01:51 AM
Turkey...I mean Chook (another great Australian film), you need to take geography lessons. 6 states and two territories buddy. If you call my city mexico again you'll be laying eggs in my garage for the rest of your days.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-18, 03:02 AM
laying eggs in the garage tied to a vat of VB

Josh
2003-Dec-18, 09:49 AM
Co-venture? please ... we are masters of delegation down here. We aussies rule and get the canadan to do all the work. It's a really wonderful little set up.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-18, 02:14 PM
yes, this is so true....

zephyr46
2003-Dec-18, 11:23 PM
It must be such a releif to have internet in Alice Springs, growing up in Darwin all the refugees from the red center used to tell us stories of satanic rituals and other depraved pastimes ( like voting CLP ) to leave the horrific boredom.

Having Past through there a couple of times myself, I can remember the AMAZING Clear sky at night, the red sand and the McDonnel Ranges. And, strangely, the three times I have been through, it Rained.

So we're taken over the multiverse? why doesn't anyone tell me these things ?

Matthew
2003-Dec-19, 12:01 AM
Having Past through there a couple of times myself, I can remember the AMAZING Clear sky at night, the red sand and the McDonnel Ranges. And, strangely, the three times I have been through, it Rained.

Why don't you go there more often? Make it rain.

Like an Aussie, my plan is to take over the multiverse!!!!

:D Doesn't our plans start with Universe Today? :P

zephyr46
2003-Dec-19, 12:44 AM
I'm still trying to make it rain in Canberra, looks like I'll be havin some success to :D

Matthew
2003-Dec-19, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by damienpaul@Dec 17 2003, 07:46 PM
we all know the Territory rules Australia!
Canberra? :P

Chook
2003-Dec-19, 02:11 AM
Kashi ...... :( peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck .

zephyr46
2003-Dec-19, 02:25 AM
Chook, I believe damienpaul was talking about the Northern Territory.
I think ausjosh is the only other canberran I have seen at UT. (the NT does rule by the way)

damienpaul
2003-Dec-19, 02:27 AM
Yes damienpaul was speaking of the Northern Territory!, specifically the heart - Alice Springs!

zephyr46
2003-Dec-19, 02:31 AM
Yeah, it lacks but an ocean of water, for it has a Yacht Club and that other boat race, What is it called?

Chook
2003-Dec-19, 05:35 AM
Damienpaul - if you look at a "Geophysical" map of Australia (or whatever it's called), there is a huge underground sea there, with Alic Springs smack-bang in the middle of it.

What about the Annual Boat Race in the Todd River! This is the funniest event to watch - with a number of blokes inside the sides of a "boat", sail and all, holding it up around their waists and running down this dusty river bed to see who can win.

I admit a couple of VBs after that would be just great! :P

damienpaul
2003-Dec-19, 02:56 PM
Damienpaul - if you look at a "Geophysical" map of Australia (or whatever it's called), there is a huge underground sea there, with Alic Springs smack-bang in the middle of it.

This is very true and we have several contigencies to maintain the purity and resource - however, at a meeting i went to recently, there is a 60 year supply only at the current rate of consumption - not good.

The Henley-on-Todd sand yacht race is awesome, i was in it this year... :D

It was a hoot! :lol:

Matthew
2003-Dec-20, 04:47 AM
Yes damienpaul was speaking of the Northern Territory!, specifically the heart - Alice Springs!

I'll probably make a lot of Australian enemies for saying this, but Alice Springs could be the heart of Australia, it is right in the middle after all.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-20, 04:57 AM
You have a friend here!!!! a central Aussie ally! ;)

Matthew
2003-Dec-20, 05:29 AM
I'm not from Alice Springs though, haven't been there, I'm from good ol' Melbourne!

damienpaul
2003-Dec-20, 01:57 PM
Well, you are more than welcome to visit! You'd have free accommodation!!! :D

Chook
2003-Dec-21, 07:49 PM
Hahahahah ...
New wife an' all!
;)

damienpaul
2003-Dec-21, 07:59 PM
:lol: Party at damo's pokey little shoe box!!!!! we can see how many amateur astronomers we could fit in a shoe box...or to change a light bulb! :lol: :lol: