PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

damienpaul
2003-Dec-21, 06:41 AM
Hey folks, wish me luck as on the 28th I am going to make someone extremely happy!!! Wish me luck in showing her that happiness and dreams can come true.

Tinaa
2003-Dec-21, 05:00 PM
May all your troubles be "little ones."

Chook
2003-Dec-21, 06:47 PM
Hi Alice (Damien) - Congratulations!!
Don't you mean she'll ake YOU extremely happy!!
LOL ;)
Good an ya mate!

jimmy
2003-Dec-21, 07:33 PM
It's all about the journey. May you stay wide eyed and full of Joy, even through the painful stuff. Cheers, Jimmy!!

damienpaul
2003-Dec-21, 07:42 PM
its the usual story, she and i have gone through hell, and i mean hell in our own lives and the journey is for both of us to know that there is something to hold onto, even if we are 2500 km apart!

The Meal
2003-Dec-22, 02:34 PM
Best of luck!

I just got married (http://www.the-meal.net/wedding.html) back in September to a woman I met over the internet (not a dating service, but through a set of forums much like these over at www.gonegold.com). Life has been wonderful for us since. I'm lucky though. I'm 30, she's 33, and she brought a wonderful 10 1/2-year old daughter (at that age, the 1/2 is still important!) along for the ride. She can't have any more children (she's got PKD) and I'm convinced that my being 38 when our daughter is heading off to college seems like a good way to go through life. :) I've got a 39-year old brother out there who's wife (my age) is expecting their first child in May. Yikes!

Anyway, my brother jokingly told me, on the big day, that I only had to do three things: show up, shut up, and pay up. :) As it turned out I managed a few more things than that (http://www.the-meal.net/sup.html#date9Sep03) and it was wonderful.

Best of luck!

~The Meal

damienpaul
2003-Dec-22, 04:23 PM
wonderful pictures Meal! and thank you

Chook
2003-Dec-22, 07:33 PM
Jeez! All this sentimental crap sounds makes me want to pook.

What's up with this forum!?

First Fraser adds one to his tribe .....

then Alice is sticking his head in a noose on the 28th. Serves him b****y right! He won't be posting on this forum every 5 minutes then. Before he knows it she'll have him with an apron on doing the dishes - then the vacuuming, It never stops!!

Then The Meal goes on with all this stuff about finding his woman on the Internet. He followed his brother's idiotic advice, didn't he - "Show up, shut up, and pay up"?

I married a Spanish sheila because she can do the housework, and I can't cook - good fair dinkum Aussie reasons. I'm getting her a chain saw for Christmas
- she's gettin' sick of the axe to cut the firewood. And Mediterranean woman are SUBMISSIVE to their husbands! Get that fellas - SUBMISSIVE !!!!!!!

Aha! Too late for you now!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Planetwatcher
2003-Dec-22, 07:42 PM
In that case Chook, your advice should be plain and simple.

RUN

Chook
2003-Dec-22, 10:51 PM
Hahahaha - just stirring mate. :P :D

DippyHippy
2003-Dec-23, 12:20 AM
Good luck - I wish you both all the very best for the future - I'll be taking the plunge myself next year :o

damienpaul
2003-Dec-23, 03:45 AM
it is clear that we are gonna need the following:

1. the UT child care
2. the UT marriage service...Fraser can be the celebrant
3. the UT puke-bucket service for the chicken... :lol:

congrats Dippy!

Matthew
2003-Dec-23, 03:49 AM
Damien, one small problem! I think we all live quite a few hundred kilometres away! :P

Good luck!

damienpaul
2003-Dec-23, 03:57 AM
some one will have to win lotto

Tinaa
2003-Dec-23, 04:02 PM
I hope you sleep with one eye open Chook! Don't get her the chainsaw. She'll be chopping your leg off for fire wood...I would. :P

damienpaul
2003-Dec-23, 04:08 PM
so would my better half!

jimmy
2003-Dec-23, 04:22 PM
OMG, shades of the " Texas Chainsaw Massacre "!!!!

Tinaa
2003-Dec-23, 04:27 PM
Now, I didn't say she'd be frying up those legs for supper, nor did I mention that she'd be sewing up a new "chook" stole.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-23, 04:27 PM
well there is a small town near where my better half lives called texas...it can be arranged.....:lol:

kashi
2003-Dec-24, 12:23 AM
This topic is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Tinaa
2003-Dec-24, 01:13 AM
Kashi, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a horror classic that was just remade here in the US. It is loosely based on a true story of a man that murdered some people, ate part of them, but he was really interested in making objects d'art with the tanned hides of those he had killed. Pretty disgusting, and there was never a chainsaw used. Anyway, some of us are home on Christmas break bored out of our minds. I have played UNO, Go Fish, Yatzee until I am going to vomit. I'm sure hoping Santa Claus brings some new games or my kids and I will be remaking our own horror flick because I am going to get them and the ubiquitous neighbor kid too! :D

damienpaul
2003-Dec-24, 02:00 AM
well it is barely 4 days now until i am with my better half

Chook
2003-Dec-24, 02:15 AM
Ah Tinaa - you protest too much - I know that you're not like that!

I can see you now - the Nurturer - barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen - just waiting for hubby to come home to lavish him with affection, slippers and beer.

That's happiness Tinaa!

Uou know that :rolleyes:

Tinaa
2003-Dec-24, 03:48 AM
You got part of that right. I am barefoot and I only look pregnant. :o I have been cooking though. I made up batch of yeast bread and some pumpkin bread. I have also made some cinnamin and wintergreen glass candy and, of course, fudge. Yes, now you know why I look pregnant! :D

Chook
2003-Dec-24, 04:56 AM
Yum! That sounds D E L I C I O U S!

Wouldn't it be great if Tinaa could invite us over for a taste, fellas :D :P :D :P

Tell ya what, Tinaa, I'm bloomin hopeless in the kitchen - but if you ever visit us here I'll personally cook you a Spanish Omelette - about the only thing I could cook before I married my slave.

Actually, I used to bach (to live with as a bachelor) with some Malasian Uni students and they taught me how to do a few things. But our arrangements were - they do the cooking and I'll do the washing up - it worked well.

How about the invite? ;)

damienpaul
2003-Dec-24, 06:42 AM
yeah, i'd like an invite too!!!!

jimmy
2003-Dec-24, 06:48 AM
So...am I to undrstand that the 10,000th post party is at Tinaa's instead of Frasier's? ;)

jimmy
2003-Dec-24, 06:55 AM
And will we get ice cream?

kashi
2003-Dec-24, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by jimmy@Dec 24 2003, 06:48 AM
So...am I to undrstand that the 10,000th post party is at Tinaa's instead of Frasier's? ;)
Well you guys are sure doing your best to make sure that the 10000th post party will be sooner rather than later.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-24, 08:02 AM
My apologies everyone, I did not realise that I was wasting space. Please accept my apologies and be assured i shant bother anyone with my misplaced enthusiasm anymore,

take care

Fraser
2003-Dec-24, 01:52 PM
Misplaced enthusiasm? Are you crazy? You've been a breath of fresh air. Good luck with the proposing..

damienpaul
2003-Dec-24, 02:09 PM
forget about me fraser, erase my registered id if you want. I will still write the review as promised

Tinaa
2003-Dec-24, 04:53 PM
Sure, come on over. The weather is a fine 72 F during the day. We'll throw some steaks on the barbie and watch the dead leaves blow down the street. If you are bored, we can rake some of them. :D Such is the excitement of the south Texas winter!

damienpaul
2003-Dec-25, 01:17 AM
vancouver, Texas...sheesh wehere else will we be going?

damienpaul
2003-Dec-25, 06:53 PM
i have jus prepared a poetic presentation for my better half...she'll flip...:lol:

Chook
2003-Dec-25, 07:18 PM
Loosen up a bit Kashi - enjoy the party.
(Someon else is paying. B) )

damienpaul
2003-Dec-26, 02:36 AM
fortunately we are keeping this totally off topic! barely 48 hours to go!!!!

Chook
2004-Jan-03, 02:05 AM
[COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue]It's all over now - 2004 and Alice's got hmself hitched. Party's over - back to work. :(

damienpaul
2004-Jan-03, 06:45 AM
GRRRRR chook!!!! :lol: Alice is in a relationship, hitching comes later