PDA

View Full Version : Apology

damienpaul
2003-Dec-24, 08:07 AM
This is my final posting to apologise for my misplaced enthusiasm for the topics and for communicating with like minded people.

I have been rightfully told that the relevancy of several of my postings are questionable, so rather than trying to change who I am and how i express myself, i will simply remove myself from this forum.

Once again I humbly apologise and will not bother anyone anymore

Chook
2003-Dec-24, 08:35 AM
Geez mate - it takes all kinds!

I would suggest that the relevancy of MANY of our posting, including mine, and many I will not name, have been questionable.

Alice - I hope that we aren't deprived of you - but if you are, the forum may be deprived of others as well. In any case - Happy Christmas, and good luck with your wedding on the 28th.

I think it is a poor state of affairs when intolerance shows its ugly head.

Red Rooster.

PS I'd like to hear directly what Fraser has to say. (I have a sneaking suspicion who is behind all this.)

Josh
2003-Dec-24, 08:58 AM
I personally think this is bloody ridiculous! damienpaul is a great contributor to these forums. So what if some topics get off track ... they should be made to be put back on track ... perhaps completely irrelevant posts be deleted in the extreme and that be done with it. Come back come back come back.

kashi
2003-Dec-24, 09:51 AM
I agree with Josh. I have removed several postings of yours Damien because I like to keep topics readable from start to finish without going off track. This ensures that the forum remains an objective source of information while still being a place for intelligent discussion. I assure you that Fraser and the moderation team values your contributions very much and I hope that you will stick around.

Best of luck for the 28th

Kashi

VanderL
2003-Dec-24, 10:01 AM
I completely agree with Josh.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-24, 02:13 PM
thank you for the kind emails that i received and the nice messages here. but i do not feel it'd be appropriate for me to contribute anymore so that the integrity of this forum is not harmed. Its best i keep my ideas and suggestions and espcially my "humour" to myself

Best wishes everyone

Josh
2003-Dec-24, 02:48 PM
No damien, you're wrong. I like your humour. I enjoy your posts and you contribute very very well. If you want to leave because some people might have jumped the gun then go right ahead. I'm pretty sure you enjoy these forums on the whole. We all want you here and that's about all we can say. If you still feel that you have to leave then go ahead. It'll be both our loses though.

jimmy
2003-Dec-24, 06:13 PM
ditto, Chook!

Chook
2003-Dec-24, 06:29 PM
Alice - if you p**s off we'll be the losers.

As Josh, Jimmy, and VanderL have said - WE enjoy you, your "special" kind of humour, your Alice Springs tit-bits and your contributions as a whole.

If you weren't to damned far away we'd come up and twist your arm (AND bring up the baseball bats!)

And besides, man - we want to know how the HONEYMOON went ;) :D :P (Hee hee!)

Red Rooster

Fraser
2003-Dec-24, 07:39 PM
I've mentioned in another posting and directly to you by email that your ethusiasm and contributions were much appreciated, it's just that some postings were off topic from space and astronomy outside of the "totally off topic" section.

If you choose to stay, we're glad to have you. If you choose to go, we wish you all the best with your wedding, astronomy education, and space enthusiasm.

Take care.

DippyHippy
2003-Dec-24, 10:39 PM
Come back damienpaul - I only saw one topic that was closed due to irrelevancy... I for one welcome your contributions and am amazed you've managed to post so much in such a short time!

Has someone been having a go at you??

Chook
2003-Dec-24, 10:51 PM
There you are, Alice - straight from the Boss.
And Fraser's remarks could apply to many of us.

So let's remember his advice, act on it, enjoy Christmas, and see each other, including DamienPaul, again further down the track.

PS To me - we are really a small group of friends, learning to know, respect and recognize each other, with our mixed personalities and talents, and who are here for our mutual benefit and enjoyment. This can be very rewarding. I really hope it's not going to be spoilt somehow. Thank you Fraser for providing this medium.

damienpaul
2003-Dec-25, 01:14 AM
Wow, I never expected the sheer amount of kind words that I have received here and in my email. This has never happened before - I mean the kind words, I thank you sincerely for that and have been convinced to start contributing again.

Chook
2003-Dec-25, 02:21 AM
Oh No! :lol:

damienpaul
2003-Dec-25, 02:29 AM
good one rooster....:lol: but thank you for your kind words

jimmy
2003-Dec-25, 05:18 AM
Did you post your email address? I didn't see it or I'd have written too!

damienpaul
2003-Dec-25, 05:20 AM
i can be emailed through my profile....