PDA

View Full Version : Bad astronomy

carolyn
2004-Jan-03, 09:51 AM
Hi all.

I am asking for some help here as I seem to have a problem logging on to PHILS' site Bad Astronomy ( sorry about this frazer) is any body else having problems or is this just me. I have tried from google but just keep getting transfered to other sites! or get a 'site not found' message. so I would apresiate some help from those of you, like me who are members of both sites, ( as I miss you all ;) :rolleyes: )

if you could try finding an old post started by me and replying I figure that it should send me a 'you have a reply' message and I will be able to access from that?

or does anybody have a better idea? I am stumped.

happy new year to you all

carolyn

VanderL
2004-Jan-03, 10:30 AM
The site works fine for me, either your browser is making problems, or you have to admit it; Plait just kicked you from the site!
http://www.badastronomy.com/
Cheers

kashi
2004-Jan-03, 01:16 PM
No problems for me. Perhaps your ISP is merely having a few problems.

Welcome to the Universe Today carolyn. Please stick around.

Sasha
2004-Jan-04, 12:36 AM
hmm.. works fine for me too. :huh:

carolyn
2004-Jan-04, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by VanderL@Jan 3 2004, 10:30 AM
The site works fine for me, either your browser is making problems, or you have to admit it; Plait just kicked you from the site!
http://www.badastronomy.com/
Cheers

Just used your link and nope, all i get is a nav.com site it seems to be piggy backing or soimething? so is my prob. so my request still stands, if someone can find an old post and reply, i should get a e-mail on hotmail.

thanks

Carolyn

kashi
2004-Jan-04, 08:21 AM
Download an anti-spyware util from www.lavasoft.de

Sounds like your typical hosts file domain name redirection to me.

damienpaul
2004-Jan-04, 11:15 AM
what the blazes is that?

R.A.F.
2004-Jan-04, 07:05 PM
carolyn,

I can understand exactly where your coming from. You see, I've been unable to access badastronomy.com since Dec. 19th!!!.

At first, I thought that it had something to do with the fact that I use WEBTV to surf the net. I contacted the WEBTV troubleshooter and they stated that the problem is with the bad astronomy site.

I've also been in constant e-mail contact with Phil, and he is at a loss to explain whats going on.

Hopefully, this will all be "worked out" soon.

I have Phil's regular e-mail address if you would like to send him the particulars of your problem.

carolyn
2004-Jan-06, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by R.A.F.@Jan 4 2004, 07:05 PM
carolyn,

I can understand exactly where your coming from. You see, I've been unable to access badastronomy.com since Dec. 19th!!!.

At first, I thought that it had something to do with the fact that I use WEBTV to surf the net. I contacted the WEBTV troubleshooter and they stated that the problem is with the bad astronomy site.

I've also been in constant e-mail contact with Phil, and he is at a loss to explain whats going on.

Hopefully, this will all be "worked out" soon.

I have Phil's regular e-mail address if you would like to send him the particulars of your problem.
hi ya R.A.F :D

thanks for the info - I'm glad it is not just me then. if you could let him know that would be great, I can not log on from anywhere using my computer I am always redirected to the site i mentioned above, I have tried googling, going in via another link site, no joy just get re directed. the piggy back thing that Kashi mentions sounds about right to me so I will try his (?) sugestion when I get in from work tonight.

I will let you know how that goes.

carolyn

kashi
2004-Jan-06, 10:47 AM
Maybe you've not enabled cookies. That could be another reason I just thought of. Check your internet connection settings under the security tab.

damienpaul
2004-Jan-06, 01:38 PM
i have had that problem too, all solved now