kashi
2004-Jan-04, 11:26 AM
What's with nasa tv right now?

damienpaul
2004-Jan-04, 11:32 AM
what the blazes is nasa tv?

kashi
2004-Jan-04, 12:44 PM
This nasa tv coverage is crap. I can see/hear this guy who appears to be answering questions, but I can't actually hear the original questions being asked.

Kashi

eggplant
2004-Jan-04, 06:07 PM
I had pretty good luck on my connection, (but I'm only about four hops from JPL, and my connection averages about 260-300Kbs)... I did get booted during the critical minute before landing but otherwise I could see the coverage ok, (ocassional blotchyness) But I watched it off and on for the hour and a half before landing. It was informative enough with many of the animations you are certainly familiar with. I liked their Tech/PR guy in the flag shirt. Seemed like a nice fellow... :) So Sorry your experience was so poor...:\ But I know your elation is as great. And frankly speaking you didn't miss much, loose activity, and coffee and dougnuts,... a rise at last course correction, A few minutes with the backs of heads and computer screens, and then a bunch of cheering, milling, aimless wandering, congradulating and more doughnuts and coffee... So we can share the cheers and milling about the forum, shall I e-mail everyone some dougnuts and coffee? Croissants and espresso? I'm happy to be with such people in such times!

Oops :P Just noted the times of your posts... I just got out of bed at that time so thought you were refering to earlier coverage...

damienpaul
2004-Jan-05, 10:23 AM
that is okay, this is the fun of multiple timezones! :P

Planetwatcher
2004-Jan-05, 04:33 PM
And I thought I had it bad. :lol:

damienpaul
2004-Jan-05, 10:31 PM
oh we all have it bad!!!!

imported_lunatic
2004-Jan-09, 05:52 AM
We have NASA TV on our satellite network ... it's fun to watch sometimes, but the best I've ever seen it is when Spirit landed. Usually it's just a bunch of soundless people going about their business and there's no real way to know whats going on...