PDA

View Full Version : Planck Era

Littlemews
2004-Jan-05, 02:14 AM
A era related to the brith of the Universe, but still mysterious. As we know today there's only 2 theories that successful explain this era, 1. Quantum mechanics and 2. General Relativity. My question is, why only 2 theories success explain this era, but not 3 or 4 and where can I find those non-successful theories? :)

Victoria
2004-Jan-05, 02:21 AM
Magnetism, maybe if there were more than two theories...we still wouldn't get it. ;)

Littlemews
2004-Jan-05, 02:41 AM
Really? hmm but all the books I borrow from the Library said, as today our current theories are powerless to describe what might have been happening in this Era...hmm ;)

Planetwatcher
2004-Jan-05, 06:03 AM
There are some still working on a unified theory.

lazserus
2004-Jan-05, 07:22 PM
General relativity doesn't explain the Panck time during the big bang. That would be up to quantum theory. The reason you can't find anything for the Planck time is because all big bang theories start right after that time. Here's a link to a good explanation of what happens. This was the best I could find, so I kept it.

Big Bang (http://www.txraves.org/visudo/science/big_bang.htm)

damienpaul
2004-Jan-05, 11:42 PM
very intresting site... what do you think happened during the Planck time?

lazserus
2004-Jan-06, 12:40 AM
To be quite honest, I don't know enough about physics to correlate it with my wild imagination to give you a decent answer. Having an idea of what happened during the Planck time is like having an idea of what happens within a singularity. Prior to the Planck time, the known laws of physics did not exist -- meaning that the energy and material involved is beyond our comprehension.

damienpaul
2004-Jan-06, 12:41 AM
that is truly a staggering thought!

lazserus
2004-Jan-06, 12:46 AM
No kidding. Especially considering that the world's geniuses have a hard time fathoming it.

damienpaul
2004-Jan-06, 12:48 AM
maybe it is something that we'll never understand....

Victoria
2004-Jan-06, 02:08 AM
maybe it is something that we will never understand.

Cop Out

In my time, if a question arose and I was inspired...the day of not understanding would be a true misunderstanding!

damienpaul
2004-Jan-06, 04:05 AM
no, i am not copping out, i am thinking practically, if at that time, the laws of physics as we know them did not exist and we have no detected information from that time how can we know for certain what was 'there'.

Victoria
2004-Jan-06, 04:10 AM
Truce :ph34r:

damienpaul
2004-Jan-06, 04:12 AM
truce from what, 'twas a lively debate, i did not mind and never mind being challenged like that...keep 'em coming!!!

TiMiX
2004-Jan-07, 12:34 AM
You might want to think that the only reason the great minds of our time can't

figure it out, is there completley on the wrong track :)

As a wise man once said, You need to unlearn what you have learned and look

again with an open mind to see the real answer :blink: :D

damienpaul
2004-Jan-07, 12:39 AM
that truly sounds like a plan

Victoria
2004-Jan-07, 03:31 AM
To plan is to process. Hopefully in time more theories will come forward that make the post seem easy or not entirely thought out. Too manywise to accept such little in question. ;)

damienpaul
2004-Jan-07, 03:34 AM
and that means???

Littlemews
2004-Jan-07, 03:41 AM
So what kinda theory u guyz have in mind now, which is about the Unknow time of the early universe?

My theory :
Black Hole Super-Explosion : What kinda thing that is so powerful in the universe, a Black Hole (High mass, sucking everything)... Until today, people can't explain this...does Black Hole explode itself before? If yes, how powerful? A nuclear bomb can destroy a city, so what about Black Hole? The early universe is a tiny dot, what happen when u put a bomb there (a bome carry proton, electron and elements)? ;)

damienpaul
2004-Jan-07, 03:50 AM
hmmmmm interesting concept....could spawn a multiverse?!?!

Sp1ke
2004-Jan-07, 10:24 AM
I don't think it would be enough to just have a bomb containing protons, neutrons etc. IIRC in the Planck time, it is not possible for any particles to exist, not even quarks.

It's only after the planck time when all the elementary particles and waveforms start to condense, but where did they come from? Maybe you need to start with a whole pile of energy (but from a infinitesimally small spot). Does that link to the other discussion thread on white holes? Could a black hole in one universe create a white hole "somewhere else" that starts spewing out a new universe?

lazserus
2004-Jan-07, 05:37 PM
IIRC in the Planck time, it is not possible for any particles to exist, not even quarks.
That's correct. Even directly after the Planck time there still was no matter, just plasma.

Littlemews
2004-Jan-07, 06:18 PM
LOL then how did u explain the explosion? (Before the 4 forces)

lazserus
2004-Jan-09, 04:52 PM
The big bang wasn't actually an explosion per se. We say that because there's a perpetual expansion and a force driving that expansion. Considering the universe is expanding, it means it had to come from a central point. Our equations tell us if you go back far enough it'll come to a singularity.

Littlemews
2004-Jan-09, 08:20 PM
Alright :lol: I put that in my note to remind me not to say such thing again :)