PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Improvements to Universe Today

Fraser
2004-Jan-12, 07:07 PM
SUMMARY: The constant feedback I've had from readers is: more pictures. Okay, you want pictures… I'll give you pictures. Here, have all the pictures you can handle. I've added a new type of story called "Photo Gallery", which will showcase a few big pictures, plus have a link to a wallpaper version. I've also increased the size of pictures in the stories about 4X. Check them out, and then let me know what you else you might want to make this better.

I've also added a list of recent conversations in the forum beside every story in the site. Hopefully this will remind you that we've got a thriving forum for space enthusiasts. Come and join us!

Take care,

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

om@umr.edu
2004-Jan-12, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by fraser@Jan 12 2004, 07:07 PM
SUMMARY: The constant feedback I've had from readers is: more pictures. Okay, you want pictures… I'll give you pictures. Here, have all the pictures you can handle. I've added a new type of story called "Photo Gallery", which will showcase a few big pictures, plus have a link to a wallpaper version. I've also increased the size of pictures in the stories about 4X. Check them out, and then let me know what you else you might want to make this better.

I've also added a list of recent conversations in the forum beside every story in the site. Hopefully this will remind you that we've got a thriving forum for space enthusiasts. Come and join us!

Take care,

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.
Dear Fraser,

I wish you well with this new endeavor :D but I suspect NASA already has the "pretty picture" market covered.

With kind regards,

Oliver :D

Guest_Adrian
2004-Jan-12, 08:16 PM
Hi Fraser

I’ve said it before and don’t mind saying it again – great site.

How’s the new addition to your family coming on?

I recall the posting about the scan, but being busy most of the time have not kept updated.

Regards

Adrian :D

Tiny
2004-Jan-12, 09:23 PM
^^ ur site getting better and better now

jamerz3294
2004-Jan-12, 09:33 PM
Thx for the newsletter, the site, and the bigger pics :D

knealy
2004-Jan-13, 12:50 AM
I very much appreciate more and larger pictures. My recommendation is to have three links. One link under the photo would take us to the source of the photo itself. I notice that you sometimes include a related photo which did not actually come from the story source. Often I'd like to find the actually photo you used, hopefully at high resolution. So the link under the photo would be "photo source," and would take us to it. The other two links under the text would take us the full story, and to the discussion group.

I think this would be very convenient.

Best wishes,

Keith Nealy

RecordsLad
2004-Jan-13, 09:48 AM
It is so exciting, being able to witness the beginning of the exodus first-hand. Even though we will not be able to be a part of the actual transferrence, it is satisfying to know that, "Yes, we were there! We saw it unfolding in it's infancy. The re-birth of Mankind into the Universe is At-Hand!

Eric Vaxine
2004-Jan-13, 11:46 AM
The recent photographs from Mars have seemingly been tampered with! The depressions they talk about have no shadow, and there is quite a bit of fuzzyness in places. Whats going on ?