PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Make the Helix Nebula Your Wallpaper

Fraser
2004-Jan-17, 09:51 AM
SUMMARY: Okay, this is one amazing photo just released from the Hubble Space Telescope, and I've decided you need to make it your wallpaper.

To make this your computer screen's background, click the image that matches your screen's resolution, right-click "Set as Background". Even if the image doesn't match your resolution, your computer should just automatically make it fit.

1024x768 (57K) - 800x600 (37K)

On a completely unrelated note, I really hate SPAM. I just counted and I got 200+ emails on Friday offering me an assortment of products with topics I'm sure you can imagine. I was going to recommend Cloudmark Spamnet which uses a network of 400,000 people to decide what's SPAM and delete it from your inbox - very cool. But they're moving to a pay model, so it'll be something like $60/year. A free option is the new SPAM filtering that comes with Mozilla 1.3.1's email program. You have to train it to learn what your SPAM tends to look like, but after a while, it's never wrong. (You should give Mozilla a try as a browser anyway, I haven't seen a popup banner in months).

Fraser Cain
Publisher, Universe Today

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.