PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Io's Curse Plagues Me Again

Fraser
2004-Jan-17, 06:29 PM
SUMMARY: As many of noticed, I misidentified Io as Saturn's moon in the last issue of Universe Today. Of course it's Jupiter's moon, and yes, I should have known better, but if you look back at a few of the mistakes I've made in the last few weeks, you'll see an unnerving trend. In a previous newsletter I said that Io was Jupiter's closest moon. It's not, that's Metis. I also said that after making a final pass of Io, the Galileo spacecraft would be plunged into Jupiter later in January. Uh, no, Fraser, that's going to happen in September 2003.Sure, mistakes happen - I make my share. But they've all been Io-related. Coincidence? I think not! So, watch my words carefully when I mention Io; believe only half of what I say.I leave it up to you to figure out which half.Fraser Cain, PublisherUniverse Today

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

Chook
2004-Jan-18, 05:44 AM
Do these symptoms suggest a lo-botomy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHh

DippyHippy
2004-Jan-19, 12:31 AM
No, but I have two theories (which may be connected)

1) Fraser is, in fact, Arthur C Clarke cunningly disguised as a Canadian

and

2) Fraser's dug up a black monolith in his backyard and has kept it secret, however, he's clearly got Io on the brain since that's where the other monolith is, hence all the Freudian slip ups.

See, there's a simple explanation for everything :)