PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: What is that Bedrock?

Fraser
2004-Jan-27, 10:50 PM
SUMMARY: The most intriguing part about Opportunity's landing spot is the big slab of bedrock exposed on the rim of the crater the rover is in. The region is important because it means that planetary geologists know where this rock was formed - right there. Other rocks can be moved by water and wind erosion, volcanic events or asteroid impacts, but this bedrock hasn't been moved. When the rover is ready to drive off its lander, it will climb up to the bedrock and examine it carefully for any layers that could answer if there was once standing water in this region. And where there was once water, there could be life.

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

Tiny
2004-Jan-27, 11:11 PM
Very interseting stroy, so this is what they call "The Holy Grail" (I found this name on the CNN News article) :lol: and most of the geologist think that the water once flowed there... hope they can find any bacteria on those rock.

2004-Jan-28, 12:39 PM
"IF THE ROVER OR THE OPPRTUNITY FINS ANY SIGN OF WATER WHICH EXISTED LONG AGO THEN THERE MAY BE A POSSIBILITY THAT THE MARS IS A FORMER EARTH OR OTHRE WISE ALL THE THEOPRY ABOUT THE AGS OF THE UNIVERSE ARE FALSE AND THE UNIVERSE IS OLDER THAN WE THINK.THEN IF THE LIFE IN EARTH COMES TO AN END THEN THERE MAY BE A CHANCE THAT LIFE CAN CONTINUE ON VENUS(DESCANDING ORDER )OR THAT OUR ANSCESTORS CAME TO KNOW ABOUT THE DESTRUCTION OF LIFE IN MARS AND THEY WERE SO ADVANCED THE THAT THEY WHAER ABLE TO MIGRATE TO EARTH AND THEREBY EMPTYING ALL THERE RESOURCES.AND THUS BEGAN THE AGE OF HUMAN-2(I SUPPOSE ON MARS.THE IMPACT OF THERE LANDING MACHINES MAY HAVE DESTROYED DINOUSORAUS OR A BATTLE OR THE HUNGER MIGHT HAVE COUSED THERE EXTICTION(AS THE HUMANS WHO CAME FROM MARS MIGHT HAVE BEEN CARRYING WEPONARY MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PRIMITIVE BEINGS.

PRASANNA(PRASANNA4202002@YAHOO.COM INDIA)

tycho1981
2004-Jan-28, 02:57 PM
:lol:

Nick4
2004-Feb-11, 09:26 PM
I think it might be a part of a volcano or a small hill in the bottom of a dried river or ocean bed.