PDA

View Full Version : Mars is all wet

ToSeek
2001-Nov-30, 02:49 PM
Mars was wetter than Earth (http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/20011129marswet.html)

The Curtmudgeon
2001-Nov-30, 07:06 PM
Alright! Now we've got an explanation for the Noachic Flood story--it happened on MARS! Yeah, and the Ark was a spaceship that brought Noah & Gang, plus fertilised, frozen ova for all the creatures, and crash landed on top of Mt. Ararat (easier for a spaceship to get there than a boat, anyway). And, and, and...it was a MARTIAN PLAGUE that they brought with them that wiped out all the Pleistocene large mammals. And the irradiated debris from the crash spread into the atmosphere and triggered the ICE AGE!

Hey, I need to get a web site.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

The (now taking contributions) Curtmudgeon

Donnie B.
2001-Nov-30, 07:07 PM
This story has made the local news (including the picture of the wet Mars). They spun it as "Mars may have had life in the distant past".

ToSeek
2001-Nov-30, 07:15 PM
On 2001-11-30 14:06, The Curtmudgeon wrote:

Hey, I need to get a web site.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

The (now taking contributions) Curtmudgeon

I think you need some Prozac. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

The Curtmudgeon
2001-Dec-03, 09:25 PM
On 2001-11-30 14:15, ToSeek wrote:
I think you need some Prozac. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nah, I was just posting on Guinness-deprivation. I have a sign on my office wall, "No working during drinking hours," but sometimes I forget. Not that posting on BABB is really work, but I do post (usually) from work.

The (remember, Guinness is good for you) Curtmudgeon

ljbrs
2001-Dec-04, 01:24 AM
My bosses are smart and they do not have my computer at work hooked up to a modem. That means that my nose is always attached to that #%&@* grindstone. It is a nice grindstone. It can act as a masochist's pillow, if desired.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljbrs on 2001-12-04 20:34 ]</font>