PDA

View Full Version : I thought of this at 11, but kept tweaking it

NasaBoy
2004-Feb-17, 06:41 AM
In order to Time Travel you would first need to enter a Black Hole, then you would travel through a Worm Hole that would only last a very short amount of time, then you would exit out of a White Hole. NOW, history is written as time goes by, so it would seem you could not travel in the future since that is time that has not been written. However, the past is history that has been written, so it would seem you could travel back in time, but not later in time, since that is history that has not been determined. Now, in order to travel back to the time you came from you would need to reverse the Black Hole that got you in to the time that you are in. Since that just does not seem possible, you would be stuck in the past.

Faulkner
2004-Feb-17, 09:24 AM
I saw a docco on Discovery Channel that explained how a scientist in the U.S. was attempting to hurl a signal into the future. He reasoned that as soon as he turned his machine on, THEORETICALLY he should get a signal back, a message from the future! This was a documentary from '00 or thereabouts...I've yet to hear any results on this experiment!?

Stay tuned, I'll look this scientist up & post a link...there MUST be a link out there?

(His method was a complex arrangement of laser beams, arranged in a tunnel formation...through which photons blasted into it were forced into a spiralling trajectory into the future...or something like that...!?)

NasaBoy
2004-Feb-17, 06:42 PM
I'll search too, i'll probably find something on Google.

Algenon the mouse
2004-Feb-17, 07:51 PM
Are you referring to mini black holes that might be connected by a tunnel of sorts? (wormholes?)

If you are then the problem of being crushed to death before you make it out the other side makes it of no pratical use. (as of yet..)

I have always favored the idea of taking a heavy rotating object that if long enough, can distort the space-time around it. It could shift a person back and forth through time.

But then again we have the paradox issues. What if I go back in time and kill my grandfather?

Interesting though. I like to hear more.

NasaBoy
2004-Feb-17, 09:58 PM
This is kinda like in Back to The Future 2, where when Marty's dad and his mom haven't fallen in love and Marty's photo of his Brother and Sister start to fade away, and then soon after Marty starts to fade away. What if that would actually happen if you went in time before you were born and killed your soon to be mother or something. You would start to fade away. It is very interesting stuff. Though im not talking about small Black Holes, im talking about huge Black Holes. Man, we need to learn how to travel so fast that we can rip space and time.

Faulkner
2004-Feb-18, 05:46 AM
The documentary I mentioned above was "The World's First Time Machine", and featured an American physicist Dr Ronald Mallett. This link (http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/wormholes/default.htm) might tell you some more about his research. Interesting stuff!

This documentary in fact is very good, there's a real nice explanation of Special Relativity in there!! Makes it almost seem...logical!? :lol:

NasaBoy
2004-Feb-18, 06:31 AM
Wow, all I can say is that article was amazing. Great read, but one ? pops up about traveling into the future. Reality wise, wouldn't it seem that the future is NOT pre-determined? Time is recorded as time goes by, so if you did travel into the future you would just end up a second or two later from the time you left?