PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Watch the Rosetta Launch Live

Fraser
2004-Feb-25, 06:43 PM
SUMMARY: The European Space Agency's Rosetta mission is now on the launch pad, and it should be heading up into space early tomorrow. If you've got some free time and a connection to the Internet, why not watch the launch live on your computer? I really enjoy watching the launches live, since there's still a quite a bit of suspense. You also get a sense of the various tasks that need to be performed to get a spacecraft off the ground. The launch is scheduled for early Thursday, February 26 at 0736 UTC (2:36 am EST). I know, that's the middle of the night for a lot of you, but if you're a night owl, tune it in.

Click here to access the live feed.

Enjoy!

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

Duane
2004-Feb-25, 07:38 PM
Fraser, your link didn't work.

Guest_madaboutyou
2004-Feb-26, 11:14 AM
i hear that the mission has been delayed for four hours. does anyone know why?
i hope that there is not a problem because this is a mission which should very advange our knowledge of comets and other bodies in the outer solor system.

devilmech
2004-Feb-26, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Guest_madaboutyou@Feb 26 2004, 11:14 AM
i hear that the mission has been delayed for four hours. does anyone know why?

The mission has been delayed till friday

"Due to high wind, we are unable to proceed with the launch today" by Jean-Yves Le Gall, director of launches for the ESA.

Spacemad
2004-Feb-26, 11:40 AM
I tuned in this morning to see the launch but it had been postponed for 24 hours due to high winds in the upper atmosphere. I will tune in tomorrow when it is scheduled to take off if the weather is alright. Apparently the launch only has a launch moment - not a launch window (meaning that they canīt try again later the same day but have to wait till the next launch moment comes around) like most space missions.

Iīm looking forward to its successful launch & its going into orbit later ready for its final boost into deep space. Although its a long jouney till it reaches the comet the wait should be worth while.

Nick4
2004-Feb-26, 08:09 PM
It dident work for me ether.