PDA

View Full Version : New galaxy has been discover?

Tiny
2004-Mar-11, 12:06 AM
Does anybody notice that the astronomer on Earth I mean Chile had discovery 2 new galaxies in 2 weeks which was about 13.2 billion ly from earth. They predict that the galaxy was form like 460 million years after the Big Bang. They actually break the record for finding new galaxies...

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?...p?id=ns99994729 (http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994729)
Wow first time hear about this, a laser can help discovery

slartibartfarst
2004-Mar-13, 03:09 AM
Telescopes, hubble et al are , as we know "time" machines.
But we are better off not "jumping guns"
Let's wait until the full batch of analysis is here for you, to share with us.

GOURDHEAD
2004-Mar-14, 01:51 PM
:unsure: Quite a few months ago, maybe years even, I read an article, or a chapter in a book, I can't remember the source, that addressed the thermodynamics and gravitational tug of war affecting the collapse of a generic protostellar cloud. The roll of water and its peculiar thermal capacity was touted as an important catalyst in "allowing" or "catalyzing" the collapse into star formation out of the cloud. I remember this article because, at the time I wondered where the oxygen component of the water came from in the first star formations and then dismissed it as being only helpful but not necessary; however it has remained as one of those nagging unresolved thoughts (ideas).

Is it probable that some configuration of rarely occurring hydrogen molecules form under exacting temperature/pressure/ionization environments that serve the function of water in this regard?

The sets of mass, angular momentum, multi-cloud collision dynamics, radiant energy release, etc,. common to stellar formation must vary all over the Gaussian distribution of the combinations and permutations of these parameters. Have the theorists been able to set distinct boundaries on the conditions which allow star formation before the universe was salted with oxygen that allowed the existence of water? In the pre-water period of the universe was the period for star formation out of the clouds much longer than in the post-water universe? Since more oxygen is being produced daily, is star formation in near identical environments proceeding more rapidly as a direct function of the age of the universe? If so, does the increase in radiation so generated contribute to the acceleration of the expansion of the universe? Would the pre-oxygen universe have favored the formation of larger mass stars (conditions favoring more intense gravitational fields overcoming the thermodynamic expansion opposing the collapse) in the also much more dense universe which in turn would have favored the more rapid production of large short-lived stars and the more rapid salting of the universe with more of the heavier elements? :unsure: