PDA

View Full Version : How did Superman carry Lois Lane through space?

Funky
2002-Oct-06, 07:23 PM
I can see The Man of Steel surviving up there, but how did Lois breath in space?

g99
2002-Oct-06, 08:07 PM
you mean the scientific blunder of superman 4 right?

Well my explanation was that he somehow made her a spoecesuit of invisible material with invisable parts that allowed her to talk in a vacume. Either that or he used one of the new powers he magically gained in the movie (telekenesis, mind erasing, ect.) to do it.

Funky
2002-Oct-06, 08:32 PM
My, that would be convenient.

n810
2002-Oct-06, 08:57 PM
Well for starters, superman isn't really part of this Universe, by my thinking we are actually in the Bizzaro Universe where you can't breathe in vacum, and Superman is in the Normal Universe, where you can breathe anywhere.

I have a headache now...

Jim
2002-Oct-07, 12:21 PM
I can't remember where (comics, movie, TV) it was explained, but Supe gives off an aura that can enclose any object or person he is holding.

daver
2002-Oct-11, 11:18 PM
Supe having some sort of inertia-neutralizing aura explains how he can fly, catch helicopters by their landing gear, lift ocean liners, and rescue Lois Lane within inches of the ground without turning her into Lois Pudding. It seems a bit of a stretch to add atmosphere to this aura, however.

On the other hand, there is a story floating around that in the early days of the Superman comics, someone wrote in complaining about how Superman flying faster than light violated Einstein's theory of relativity. Supposedly in the next issue someone claiming to be Einstein replied to the effect of "that's only theory, this is fact".

nebularain
2002-Oct-12, 01:45 AM
On 2002-10-11 19:18, daver wrote:
...and rescue Lois Lane within inches of the ground without turning her into Lois Pudding
That reminds me of an ad on The Cartoon Network for their "Adventures of Batman and Superman" series. (I know, it's off the topic of science, but it's funny.) It went something like this:

"...starring Batman - featuring the left hook, the [something else, which I forgot], and the sucker punch to the Joker. Also starring Superman - featuring Lois falls yet again!"

[oops - spelling error}

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nebularain on 2002-10-11 21:46 ]</font>