PDA

View Full Version : Hypernovas, Black Holes, and Dark Matter oh my

Powerman 5000
2004-Mar-19, 01:19 AM
Hey peeps i need alot of replies give me some info on the darkside of the universe :blink: :blink: :blink: i might be paranoid

Powerman 5000
2004-Mar-28, 02:33 AM
Black Holes are connected to worm holes which in term are connected to a white hole which fires out matter of a mass of infinity. Could the Quark Nuggets be a result of this the infamous rockets of the Universial missile silo we know as the white hole? Think about this as i look for the answer to the extremely important question. Who ran over my lawn Gnome?

Pung
2004-Apr-07, 01:55 AM
Well, Powerman 5000...um...to me, it all sounds good, and all makes sense. Of course, that's...intuitively. Through Calculus, and studying theoretical physics, i've learned a couple of things: (a) assume NOTHING, and (B) just because somethign makes sense intuitively, doesn't mean it's right. I mean...look at it this way - ...first off, there are no existing worm holes that we can prove, or white holes...HECK! We can't even see beyond the event horizons of black holes that we BELIEVE are there! so...yeah - once again, it's all theoretical. So i guess what the bottom line i'm trying to say is...

MAYBE.

lol - srry i couldn't help more, but..it's somethin'!

imported_Chris
2004-Apr-14, 01:16 PM
Blackholes are immensley dense objects usually formed from collapsed stars. Basically, take the mass of a star and shove it into a space of like 3km and you have something so dense, with gravity is so great that light cannot escape it. This is because at a certain point, the force of gravity is as strong as the speed of light...called the Event Horizon. Then after that, the black hole just sucks things up to who knows where (nothing, everything, etc...nobody knows).

White holes are the exact opposite...they push things out just like black holes suck things up.

Wormholes are when you connect the two.

And dark matter is basically what has been described as everything in the universe that can't be accounted for. Many theories assume that so much mass must be present in the universe for it to be moving apart and new stars to form and galazies etc etc. However, they can't account for all the mass (through stars and everything). So, what they can't find they call dark matter. Things like WIMPs (Weakly Interacting Massive Particles) are an example (there's a news article on it on this site).

Hope that gives you a start. :)

Chris

Weaselbunny
2004-Apr-14, 02:45 PM
White holes are the exact opposite...they push things out just like black holes suck things up.

Wormholes are when you connect the two.

It must be borne in mind that white holes are purely theoretical, if every black hole connects to a white hole slinging out matter, than why have we never detected one up till now?

At the centre of a black hole it is theorized that there is a singularity, a point in space of infinate mass and gravity, effectively, as I think Stephen Hawking put it, everything in nothing and nothing in everything. Of course we can't definitively prove it, but the maths is good as far as I'm aware.

It's also current theory that there is a black hole at the centre of spiral galaxies, including our own.

Anden
2004-Apr-15, 01:02 PM
Don't know if this is arund yet as a theory so I'll put it forward.

There is a limit on the amount of mass/energy that can exist at a single point.

_
Overload capacity
_

Accepted energy per sing point

_ Zero energy

When the level of mass/energy reaches the top of the overload capacity scale, all of the energy in the overload capacity is displaced to a point sometimes lightyears away and released.

This only ever occurs in blackholes. When they have 'sucked in' so much mass that each point in the core has exceeded the overload capacity, all that mass/energy in the overload capacity is displaced. What is created is what might be called a white hole. First hand, it looks like a rift opens up in the blackness of space and grows, burning pure white for several minutes.

Study of the way in which the energy is displaced leads to the discovery and utilisation of wormhole technology.

Weaselbunny
2004-Apr-15, 03:00 PM
Do you have links to any further info or any studies? I'd like to read more.

Anden
2004-Apr-18, 12:21 PM
No, sorry. No one has come up with it yet. You will discover it in about 1500 years when you are first contacted by the greater galaxy civilisation Seekers.

So it isn't much use to you. I just thought you'd like to know.

Weaselbunny
2004-Apr-20, 03:09 PM
No, sorry. No one has come up with it yet. You will discover it in about 1500 years when you are first contacted by the greater galaxy civilisation Seekers.
I'll mark it in my diary :P Us Weaselbunnies are a long lived species, so you better be telling the truth or I'll seek out your descendents and snarl at them menacingly! ;) :P :D