PDA

View Full Version : The Moon

AmateurSpaceCase
2004-Mar-27, 06:14 PM
:) My neighbor's four year old son, Alex, was outside looking at the sky with me the other night. He noticed the quarter moon directly above us, and in astonishment tugged on my shirt and said, "Miss Leslie, Jesus cut the moon in half."
:P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

DippyHippy
2004-Mar-27, 11:18 PM
LOL That's because the Moon is made of cheese, so obviously it's easily cut in half :)

damienpaul
2004-Mar-28, 12:45 AM
And probably tastes like chicken!

Isn't it awesome to hear the perceptions of the young when it comes to astronomy (or for anything for that matter).

Faulkner
2004-Mar-28, 02:11 AM
Maybe he said "cheeses", not "jesus"!?

topohill
2004-Mar-28, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Faulkner@Mar 28 2004, 02:11 AM
Maybe he said "cheeses", not "jesus"!?
How could you misunderstand fromage for Haysoos (Jesus) ??????

Faulkner
2004-Mar-29, 11:45 AM
Hey Zeus?

Weaselbunny
2004-Mar-29, 02:02 PM
Bless you :lol: :lol:

Dan Luna
2004-Mar-29, 05:00 PM
You can see the Moon's not round though from this picture:

http://www.ifpri.org/country/flags/flag_pakistan.jpg

Weaselbunny
2004-Mar-29, 05:57 PM
The moon is not made of cheese and it is round. Any suggestion to the contrary is just stupid!

It is well known among the enlightened that the moon is in fact a big, pupiless eye that blinks very slowly, hence the phases. Really, and you call yourselves science enthusiasts!

:lol: narf :lol:

Algenon the mouse
2004-Mar-30, 02:12 AM
I still remember my son looking at the moon when it was out in the daytime. He was very confused and asked me if someone got the time wrong up there.

Weaselbunny
2004-Mar-30, 12:48 PM
Awww, bless :rolleyes:

I remember my older brother trying to convince me that stilton was 'moon cheese'. Siblings can be so cruel :P

VanderL
2004-Mar-30, 03:08 PM
Hey Dan Luna,

I've been looking at those flag symbols as well and there are lots of them that have a "star" inside the "moon" or crescent of the moon. It's odd that you can find that kind of imagery everywhere around the world. I've read suggestions that they don't depict the moon at all.

Cheers.

Dan Luna
2004-Mar-30, 04:34 PM
This one's even more worrying if you've been told the world isn't flat:

http://www.johnworldpeace.com/uneandff.jpg

VanderL
2004-Mar-30, 10:15 PM
Did you just leave Antarctica out? Its not just flat, it's incomplete, maybe if you turn it over?

Cheers.

AmateurSpaceCase
2004-Mar-31, 01:03 AM
to quote the mad hatter, sort of: "Y'all are thilly."

VanderL
2004-Mar-31, 04:28 PM
Thayth who? A thorry thpacecathe, wight?

Cheews.

Weaselbunny
2004-Mar-31, 05:13 PM
"Y'all are thilly."
Thank you, we do try! :P

I've read suggestions that they don't depict the moon at all.

Please, tell us more. :)

VanderL
2004-Mar-31, 06:31 PM
Well, I don't remember where I read it exactly, but there are few images in this pdf file that can be found here www.thunderbolts.info
You need go through a lot of images until you see a number of "polar configuration" snapshots by Dave Talbott (from the Saturn hypothesis). Basically he thinks that what we see in all the flag symbols is the planet Saturn, with radiant Venus in front of it, going through phases.
Hope you can find it, I plan to do some googling, but if, after reading the info, you decide it is all crap anyway, I won't.
Gee, do I make sense here? Anyway, have fun.

Cheers.