PDA

View Full Version : We Missed Some Little Green Visitors!

Luke
2004-Apr-04, 07:34 PM
:) Several months ago here in the UK I was watching Discovery Science satalite channel, about the last 20 mins of a programme about UFO's. I missed the first 40 mins of the hour long show. I must admit I find most UFO stuff pretty boring but I just happened to tune in at the right time, for what they told me next has really changed my life...

Apperently out of all the reproted UFO sightings and there are thousands of them ranging from crazy civillian reports to missile lock ons from experienced military personell, none of them (out of all of them) has ever been officiated by a government, until now that is.

In 1989 (and I cannot be specific than that), the US missile defence satalites picked up a UFO. In fact the US has a sophisticated infared military global satalite network specificaly up there to pick up ICBM's. It has complete global coverage and is so sensative it can pick up a BBQ in someones garden. The idea is to spot a launch of pretty much any missile or rocket and find where it has been launched from, what it's target is, why it was launched in the first place and what if any the US responce should be (so the programme told me).

Well at the time there was a couple of weeks worth of that old green / white lined computer print outs to anylise. At first they didn't immediately pick it up because it was not launched from Earth. What they found however was an object under it's own power flew from outside the defence satalites Earth grid, ie: from outter space. Then it zipped threw the upper stratosphere and into the atmosphere in an arc that further went back into outter space. They said the whole manover took approx. 7 mins. Further, through carefull analysis they discovered it must of been under it's own power and the tragectories suggest that it came from out side our own solar system.

So Aliens tried to make contact but no direct analysis was made. Which ment that no one was tracking the UFO in real time. So we do not know if they sent a signal of some kind to us or not? But more importently when they were performing this unexpected stunt no signal was sent from us to them. It's like someone waved at us but only the CCTV (your computers on your satalites) picked it up.

I wonder if there is even a procedure in place for us as a plannet to do this (I think not)? And of course there should be. At this stage I was bitting my knuckles in frustaration. I'm sure you are kicking yourselves. This is quite absolutly a scientfic and biblical revalation of astronomical substance.

My question to you guys is as in the UK we must be several months behind on the Discovery Science channel, did anyone else out there see this UFO programme and do you know what I am talking about. And is there any further infomation on this the only "officiated by a government UFO report or sighting"? Does anyone know anything, anything at all? Or as it has taken them 14 years to come out with anything of this outstanding news, it does smell like a cover-up. Quite understandable really as it would of changed humannity, religion ect.

I could only think of 3 reasons why Aleins might do this arc like move:

1. To pick up some of gasses for fuel or to breath. It's alot easyer than minning an asteroid in the belt - think of all that dangerous shrapnel spinning out there.

2. To make a gesture towards first contact. They said hello! We said nothing, as we were not expecting visitors. And of course we should be ready.

3. The fact that they must of been freindly, because no laser beams or ray guns were zapped at us...!

Here we are as a planet sending out TV radiowaves to a quadrent of approx. 50 light years. Meaning we are noisy folk. And were not expecting a responce? That's madness!

And lastly does SETI know and if so what do they think? :)

antoniseb
2004-Apr-04, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Luke@Apr 4 2004, 07:34 PM
My question to you guys is as in the UK we must be several months behind on the Discovery Science channel, did anyone else out there see this UFO programme and do you know what I am talking about. And is there any further infomation on this the only "officiated by a government UFO report or sighting"? Does anyone know anything, anything at all? Or as it has taken them 14 years to come out with anything of this outstanding news, it does smell like a cover-up. Quite understandable really as it would of changed humannity, religion ect.
I didn't see the show in question, but would like to. Can you give some more specifics about the show? There is so much stuff on the web about UFOs that I'm finding it hard to create a useful search string.

On the other hand, I do remember an incident [though I thought it was earlier than 1989] in which there was a fireball seen over Western Canada that entered the atmosphere, was visible for several minutes, and then went out again. I seem to recall this one as having been calculated as having an initial velocity requiring it to have been from outside the solar system [barely]. This was video-taped. From what I saw, there was no reason to think that it was anything other than a hunk of rock about 100-300 feet in diameter. Personally, I'd expect that instellar visitors would have the technology to slow down without creating a fireball in the atmosphere.

Your question about having a system handy to say hello to a passing visitor seems reasonable. Who should decide what to say?

TheThorn
2004-Apr-05, 03:53 AM
antoniseb, the incident that you were referring to happened in 1972. You&#39;re right, that&#39;s quite a bit before 1989 <G>. But the object in question didn&#39;t have an orbit from outside the solar system - it was just a small earth crossing asteroid. See http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/1972.html for more details on it, including pre and post encounter orbits. Clearly not a powered craft of any sort.

Recently the people of Yahoo&#39;s Minor Planet Mailing List, given the fuss over that recent asteroid that made the "closest ever pass by earth" when the object that caused the 1972 daylight fireball over Western North America clearly was a lot closer, and given that the object had no name and the IAU wasn&#39;t ever going to give it one, and given that "the object that caused the 1972 daylight fireball over Western North America" was such a mouthful, and given the precedent of the naming of "Sedna" without approval of the IAU, decided to name it, very appropriately, "Smaug" - unofficially, of course. ;) Gotta love those guys.

Smaug&#39;s still out there.

But, like you, I&#39;m coming up empty on any 1989 incident that matches Luke&#39;s description.

antoniseb
2004-Apr-05, 12:30 PM
Thanks for filling in the details Thorn. I like the name Smaug for that thing.

Hoore500
2004-Apr-21, 09:25 AM
Your leader will be an ordinary tree on Earth, hopely not the last.

Me I&#39;m typewriting about our green inhabitants: the trees. They are destroying last cat paradise at Luxembourg station right now. I decided to drop one course to go on putting aside money for a piece of land on Earth and then plant it full of trees, who knows it will ever be for Bush and I, doesn&#39;t understand that guy increasing number of new lung ilnesses come from destruction of bush?.

About Solar danger: (I admit my taking part in Fraser&#39;s discussions is not always posted in the right thread, but suppose the solar discussion is already closed? I&#39;m sick of seeking)
They use use solar harmful beams for their own energy to make progress in space. In any case the Dutch invention of solar energy race car was a success. I&#39;m studying the possibility to fly and yes&#33; It is already possible to take off as the racecar reeched was it now 500 or 1000 km an HOUR&#33;
I admit I&#39;m only as far as I am with my flightsimulator experience where I can&#39;t turn yet very well, I maybe need a stick or wheel, else, really guys, one day i will make turns with my keyboard and will hopely not be the first on Earth. Actually well :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a crashdown probably from the virus. I was warned but yeah...

Back to our green plane, if you add one or more propellers it can fly and if e.g. NASA or ESA (?) invents a compact ion propulsed motor for me to add, one can in my opinion make progress in space. (Rest will follow when I can turn.)

I&#39;m working at my plans and also hope Fraser one day edits his forum in magazine shape, that I can read all the board members&#39; messages at ease and with a :rolleyes: a cup of coffee on a terrace in town. Send him my greetings&#33;

khepri
2004-Apr-28, 02:08 PM
Yes I know of the programme and incident. It happened on May 4th 1984 and is known as the "Fast Walker" see http://www.btinternet.com/~meirionhughes/Pub/page7.htm
http://www.worldofthestrange.com/nlv160.html

Luke
2004-May-04, 11:24 AM
:wub: :wub: Thanks very much for your interesting reply. :wub: :wub:

zrice03
2004-May-20, 06:04 PM
Well, if they really wanted to talk to us, they&#39;d come back. It shouldn&#39;t be too hard for an advanced civilization like that to reveal themselves.

TuTone
2004-May-20, 10:17 PM
I remember watching a documentary on Aliens back in 1996-97 (late 90’s). A guy was talking about how he had been abducted & the aliens were running test/experiments on him & they told him they were going to make themselves show to humanity in the year 2010. I also remember recently sometime late last year (2003) I was watching the Montel Williams Show. He was featuring a psychic named Sylvia Browne (Any of you heard of her?).I remember her also talking about how Aliens are going to make themselves shown in 2010. I don&#39;t know how much of that is true, but we&#39;ll wait & see. She could be a phony baloney psychic like Cleo (in Jamaican accent: “The Cards don’t lie&#33;”) :lol:

Here&#39;s the link to Sylvia Browne&#39;s website & her predictions in the next 100 years. Prediction #40 has the Aliens revealing themselves in 2010.
The Next 100 Years -- Prediction (http://www.sylvia.org/home/2000plus.cfm)

zrice03
2004-May-20, 11:43 PM
Yeah, and here is a site debunking Sylvia Brown&#39;s Predictions.

http://www.skepticreport.com/psychics/sylvia2100.htm

DippyHippy
2004-May-23, 01:05 AM
Atlantis will begin to show itself by 2023 and be fully visible by 2026

Woohoo&#33; I&#39;m looking forward to that one :) As for the four comets passing us by before the end of the world... well duh... we get more than that in a year...

I love predictions like these... I especially liked the one in 1994 from (I think) Sylvia which said that the public was being lied to and that when Shoemaker-Levy 9 smashed into Jupiter, the planet would explode and devastate the Earth in the process ROTFLMAO :lol:

Greg
2004-May-23, 08:02 AM
Hey, I&#39;ll believe in UFO&#39;s the moment I see one.