PDA

View Full Version : Moonraker

moonraker
2004-May-03, 02:41 AM
Hello fraser and all you space cadets.please alow me to introduce myself....
born in England '54,Bummer but have followed space exploration,since Yuri and Glenn and Apollo and am thankful for the era I am living in.I've travelled extensively around the world and now live in Kuusamo Finland,which is just below the artic circle.The northern lights are spectacular,as are all the astral images seen here.I joined your Forum a few months ago and am delighted by the input from all you space nuts.In my youth I qualified as a gyroscopics engineer,working for Sperry Rand,but now enjoy the status of popular singer/musician and run a day and night music club here.It's great to meet you all.Keep up the good work... :D

AnglesB
2004-May-03, 03:46 AM
Moonraker, is that a Wiltshire link in the past?
The name has links to smuggling and revenue avoidance in the long ago past. The revenue avoiders used to through the barrles of spirit into the ponds and would be seen with the big hay rakes recovering the booze at night. If any one asked, they were 'raking the reflection of the Moon' from the still waters...very similar to Moonshine??? :o

Chook
2004-May-04, 04:18 AM
Hey moonraker - re "(but now (I) enjoy the status of popular singer/musician " ...

talk to Jimmy about music. He is in the middle of doing a theme-thing for UniverseToday.

(I am adding trumpet - if I can get my computer in gear.)

Fraser
2004-May-04, 06:38 AM
Welcome welcome Moonraker. Glad you could join the forum.

moonraker
2004-May-05, 01:11 PM
:ph34r: Anglesb,hi,you are well informed! The Moonraker was a foolish creature,whom upon seeing the reflection of the moon in the water,believed it to be cheese. Translated,as your quote but if you read more deeply,he was caught but managed to get away with it.There are many interpretations on the theme,my favourite comes from the civil war,Royalists and round heads,raided the food stores of the villages.The "rakers",were poachers and trout ticklers by moonlight and provided sustanance for the hungry women and children.Yeah! I sing romantic songs too! Play Ovation Legend guitar,and have the best music club in Finland!Your all invited to my wedding!

DippyHippy
2004-May-08, 10:59 PM
And there was I thinking you were a James Bond fan :D

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-21, 10:36 AM
and living in Finland, do you have an opinion of `The Rasmus` Moonraker?

Yorkshireman
2005-Oct-24, 09:12 AM
Why are you bumping all these 2-year-old threads jcmccann?

publiusr
2005-Oct-26, 08:59 PM
Zombies!

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-27, 07:21 AM
I think, given this is the website feedback section that perhaps a bit of feedback states, as Chook and abyssalroamer have suggested, that some threads may need to be locked once they become unpertinent to the current time-frame.. there is a thread about it here in this very forum.