PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift

The Shade
2002-Oct-18, 01:59 PM
In the November 2002 issue of Astronomy, page 80, they list Bad Astronomy, the book, as a good Christmas gift. What a great idea. Of course, I already have it, but it's a good way to reach even more people.

This is also the second time that the book has been recommended in Astronomy magazine. The first time being in the September 2002 issue, page 84.

What can I say, Astronomy knows that "Bad Astronomy" is good astronomy, meaning that the book is bad to the bone, meaning that that is a good thing... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Shade on 2002-10-18 10:02 ]</font>

The Shade
2002-Oct-18, 01:59 PM
On 2002-10-18 09:59, The Shade wrote:
In the November 2002 issue of Astronomy, page 80, they list Bad Astronomy, the book, as a good Christmas gift. What a great idea. Of course, I already have it, but it's a good way to reach even more people.

This is also the second time that the book has been recommended in Astronomy magazine. The first time being in the September 2002 issue, page 84.

What can I say, Astronomy knows that "Bad Astronomy" is good astronomy, meaning that the book is bad to the bone, meaning that that is a good thing... :s

The Shade
2002-Oct-18, 02:00 PM
Help, I'm lost, the stupid thing's got me all confused. lol

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Oct-18, 02:13 PM
If you hurry you can delete your posts. Use the Edit/Delete This Post button, and click delete.

Russ
2003-Jan-03, 05:13 PM
Hey Phil! You're going to sell at least six more of you Bad Astronomy books. We had most of both sides of the family here over the holidays and my copy of BA got passed around until it started to fall apart. Four of the guys and two of the gals wanted their own copy. Plus I'm going to have to replace mine as well.

To complment you on the quality of your book; these are people who are barely aware there is a night sky. They are not astronomers of any stripe. They wouldn't know a lightyear from a Bud Light but they want a copy of your book! WAY TO GO PHIL!

Happy Holidays to all.

Waarthog
2003-Jan-06, 04:19 AM
Yep, Got one for Christmas meself. Mom read it and is anxiously awaiting her copy of BAD MEDICINE (she is a retired nurse, hospital admin) as a result. I got it for her as the last present of this year! Hey Phil! Any chance of you coming to Phoenix anytime soon that I might get it signed? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif