PDA

View Full Version : ISS

Bad Bill
2002-Oct-18, 08:13 PM
On October 16 I saw the ISS and Shuttle Atlantis just miss passing in front of the moon.Has anyone seen this type of transit? I was using 7x50 binoculars. Would I have seen anything??

Russ
2002-Oct-19, 02:14 PM
No. The Moon is far enough away that there would be no chance of impact. At most, the Moon's brightness would wash out the shuttle and ISS for a few seconds but there would be no damage to either the Moon or the space craft. Also, there is no conspiricy associated with this.

I know, I know! It's a smarta__ response but I rather be a smarta__ than a dumb bunny. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Espritch
2002-Oct-19, 02:25 PM
I know, I know! It's a smarta__ response but I rather be a smarta__ than a dumb bunny.

Oh. I take it you think you have a choice? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Russ
2002-Oct-19, 03:19 PM
Oh. I take it you think you have a choice? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif You guys crack me up! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif