PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Wallpaper: The Valles Marineris ...

Fraser
2004-Jun-22, 04:44 PM
SUMMARY: Here's another picture for your Mars wallpaper collection. This time it's a 1024x768 image of a canyon on Mars called Valles Marineris, taken by the European Space Agency's Mars Express spacecraft. The full image was taken at a resolution of 16-metres per pixel. The image gives some clues about how such a dramatic surface feature developed, including some traces of volcanic activity and possible water-related activity. It's a heavily weathered part of Mars, however, so a lot has been obscured over hundreds of millions of years.

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

Victoria
2004-Jun-22, 05:21 PM
What an awesome sight! A great addition to the album! I must invest in the great opportunity of recieving absolutely gorgeous pics to display in my boys' room. Great job Frasier of collecting such magnificent work!

Fraser
2004-Jun-22, 05:38 PM
Well, I can't take all the credit. The European Space Agency did help a little bit when they built Mars Express and sent it to the Red Planet. Otherwise... it was all me.

Duane
2004-Jun-22, 05:47 PM
Ha Fraser! :lol: Course this goes with you being a famous radio personality now :P

Manchurian Taikonaut
2004-Jun-22, 11:15 PM
great image, i hope this craft continues to bring more great details of the martian surface