PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Spacewalk Cut Short By Air Leak

Fraser
2004-Jun-25, 05:15 PM
SUMMARY: Astronaut Mike Fincke and cosmonaut Gennady Padalka were forced to cut their spacewalk short on Thursday because of a leak in Fincke's primary oxygen bottle. The leak was discovered just minutes after the spacewalkers departed the station, and controllers on the ground hurried the two men back inside. Total spacewalking time: 14 minutes, 22 seconds. The goal of the spacewalk was to replace a Remote Power Controller Module (RPCM) which has a faulty circuit breaker for one of the station's gyroscopes. The repair could be attempted again as early as June 29.

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

MarQ
2004-Jun-28, 01:46 PM
This space leak bothers me. The ISS crew had a dress rehearsal a week ago to test the American suits. And they leaked during the real thing. The crew also has the Russian suits aboard. Wonder if they are gonna switch? The Russian suit has more experience.
Think of all the time these spacemen have wasted just testing and then cancelling their spacewalk to fix a degraded part of the ISS.
You start to wonder if any real science will be done on the ISS. And will the Shuttle make it to the ISS in time to start replacing more parts that will start to fail.
Our manned space program is really at a stalemate right now. Hopefully, the impetus will again begin with the proposed March 2005 Atlantis trip.

RussianBeauty
2004-Jul-24, 10:13 AM
Hello!

My name is Galina.

I want to share with you my daydream. Once, when I was young, Ive a dream:
a festival, me in a beautiful dress and there is a tall beaterfull man with
me. So far I still have the hope about the man. I still hope to see him and
live all my live with him.

One of my friends have meet her guy by a www.mylady.info marriage agency. By
now shes a wife! When I look into her beautiful eyes, I feel that I can be
happy too.

May be I should forget my childhood dreams and begin to search real
happiness?

Best Regards,

Galina.

damienpaul
2004-Jul-24, 10:38 AM
wow this space leak is remarkable!!!

VanderL
2004-Jul-24, 12:32 PM
wow this space leak is remarkable!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D :huh:

Glad they discovered the leak, would have become real messy otherwise.

Cheers.