PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Forum Reaches Its First Birthday

Fraser
2004-Jul-08, 06:59 PM
SUMMARY: Exactly one year today I was nagged into setting up the Universe Today forum as a way for space enthusiasts to come together and discuss all things space and astronomy. Despite my initial reluctance, it's been incredibly successful, becoming one of the larger communities of this topic on the Internet - I wish I'd done it sooner. As I'm looking right now, we have 2422 members who've written 34354 posts. So, I'd like to make a special thanks to all the contributors, moderators, and experts who have participated so far, I really appreciate all your hard work.

If you have questions about space, want to explore any topic deeper, or just make friends who share your interests in space, come and join us.

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

P.S. If you've had problems accessing the forum, or setting up an account, let me know, and I'd be happy to help you out. I know it can be a little confusing if you've never joined one before.

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

galaxygirl
2004-Jul-08, 07:12 PM
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday UT forums,
Happy birthday to you.

Wow, its only been one year and this forum has become so successful. Thank you very much Fraser for setting up such a great place!

Littlemews
2004-Jul-08, 07:34 PM
:lol: That's why we call it "the age of astronomy" and something that we can not miss every day life, for example, Solar eclipse, Venus transit etc...
Happy Brithday UThttp://67.18.37.17/605/196/emo/k-thankyou.gif.

DippyHippy
2004-Jul-09, 12:19 AM
Where's the party at, dude? :P

kashi
2004-Jul-09, 12:46 AM
Party in Melbourne!

Duane
2004-Jul-09, 02:25 AM
Excellent, and congrats! Josh can you send me a ticket ;)

kdhrocks
2004-Jul-09, 02:26 AM
A very Hapy Birthday and keep up the good work.
Dave

Josh
2004-Jul-09, 03:59 AM
As a matter of fact Duane .. i've recently come up with a very impressive way to get free airline tickets. *nods* all you need is a frequent flyer thingy and a credit card linked to it .. oh .. and a friend with lots of money. simple.

Happy Birthday/Anniversary people! we've done good.

damienpaul
2004-Jul-09, 10:24 AM
Good onya Fraser, shall we take over your backyard for the party, Josh is paying for the tickets....:lol:

DippyHippy
2004-Jul-09, 11:05 PM
I've got airmiles but they won't stretch to Oz LOL

Victoria
2004-Jul-12, 11:17 PM
Congrats :) Glad you're here to revive. Have a great summer :)

Victoria
2004-Aug-27, 11:15 PM
Anyway, love ya. :ph34r:

TuTone
2004-Aug-27, 11:49 PM
Wow, Only a year?! This is very successful! Keep up the good work Fraiser!

Algenon the mouse
2004-Aug-28, 05:37 AM
Happy B-day!

You could always make a twin forum and then send it to the dog star for a year via a worm hole that I found in my dryer. That way when the forum came back it would be far younger than this forum and this forum would be older than a year. Sorry...couldn't resist.