PDA

View Full Version : Happy One Solar Year!...

chicagoastronomer
2004-Jul-08, 09:59 PM
Fraser,

Congratulations on making one year of a top notch forum and longer for the website/emails. I use your references regularly on my own forum, and now that I have growing pains of my own, I understand the time involved. My forum in Chicago is almost two months old and doing quite well. But trail blazers like you made it easier.

You do your homework, content is fresh and links good. I look forward to it everyday in my mailbox

Thanks again for your work and efforts, and hope to see it around for a long time.

Joe
Chicago Astronomer
http://astronomer.proboards23.com
http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v209/josephguzman/ChicagoAstronomer/ChicagoAstronomerskylineLandL8.jpg

DippyHippy
2004-Jul-08, 11:58 PM
Holy cow, Batman! Has it been a year already??

Where's the cake?

More to the point, where's the beer?? :P

Tiny
2004-Jul-09, 12:08 AM
:lol: Here's the cake without beers

Fraser
2004-Jul-09, 12:36 AM
Hey, thanks to all of you too.

imported_Ziggy
2004-Jul-09, 12:42 AM
Yeah! One solar year. Strange, I've always had a feeling that it's been longer :huh: . Now, it won't be long before UniverseToday starts school, goes through puberty, high school, marrige.... :( , it's all going by so fast!

LOL, :lol: !

cate
2004-Jul-09, 05:28 PM
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=1]

HAPPY SOLAR ANNIVERSARY, Fraser! To say you have been doing a wonderful job is an understatement. So glad you didn't back out. Look at what you created!

Congratulations!
Cate

"Great ideas need landing gear as well as wings."
(C.D.Jackson)

DippyHippy
2004-Jul-09, 10:00 PM
LOL Ziggy - before we know it, we'll soon be getting error messages like "It's not fair!!", "I am NOT your slave" and "Leave me alone!!" whenever we post our replies...

damienpaul
2004-Jul-17, 06:45 AM
Well done and great work Fraser, keep up the good work!

StarLab
2004-Jul-17, 04:56 PM
I've been on this forum for only three months, but the members here have been almost like family to me, and even though some have been around from the beginning, I hope this family always increases in numbers, and never ruptures.

Good work (and congrats) with the site, Fraser! You da man!

imported_Ziggy
2004-Jul-17, 11:38 PM
I have been inspired to right a song, not a very good one, but still a song. (Note: I have never written a song, even a really stupid one in my entire life, but I think I'll manage.) Please sing to the tune of Ludwig Van Beethovan's 9th Symthony, or more commenly known as "Ode to Joy."

"Ode to UniverseToday"

UniverseToday is the greatest forum of all time!
I love it sooooooooooooooooo much,
I'll make it my holy shrine!
Glory to this mighy forum,
it beats the others by a mile.
When there is no UniverseToday
we'll all just have to die!

Existence is meaningless,
without my holiest of shrines!
Every fiber of my being,
UniverseToday Occupies!
My soul rejocies when I hear it,
UniverseToday Forums!
Forum so almi-ghty,
never leave my lowly sight!

Solving the mysteries
of the mighty Universe!
Exploring the vast reaches
of the endless Cosmos!
Sooo vast, sooo endless,
ever expanding members.
Will you ever cease to amaze me,
with your endless siblinghood?

Fin :) .

StarLab
2004-Jul-18, 12:13 AM
Nice tune, but let's make it rhyme.

imported_Ziggy
2004-Jul-18, 02:33 PM
The rhyme of the song is more of a quatrain, not a song the rhymes every other line. But then again, what to I know about music? It might not rhyme at all, but rather each line has a certain number of syllables.

damienpaul
2004-Jul-18, 03:33 PM
Well it is an excellent effort, i like it!