PDA

View Full Version : What Planet Do You Really Come From?

damienpaul
2004-Jul-13, 12:13 AM
Okay this is an ultra alternative theory that I read somewhere or dreamt or made up, I cannot remember...spill the beans! what planet do you all come from???

I will start off by saying i am from Uranus, and the futile attempts to try an explain our axial tilt by a comet etc...pfffft...it was a particularly nasty ten pin bowling match...and that is not a beard that i have, all uranians have that length nose hairs.....

Ok your turn...

imported_Ziggy
2004-Jul-13, 12:31 AM
I am from Pluto! I am tall and have massive eyes, which are caused by Pluto's low gravity and lack of light. We Plutonians like to pull practical, but fatal jokes on people. After all, where do you think the Kuiper Belt came from? Ha, ha, ha , ha, ha, ha, ha! It was once a giant planet. Then, one day we sent them what they thought was a giant sex toy from Ur-AnuSS, but it was really a bomb! KA-BOOM! Ha, ha, ha, ha , ha! Those errotic fools :P :P :P !!!

damienpaul
2004-Jul-13, 12:33 AM
So that is where it went!!! the emporer was so enraged when his toy went missing, he went and kicked Triton into a retrograde orbit!!

DippyHippy
2004-Jul-13, 01:16 AM
I'm not actually from a planet per se, but rather a moon: Mimas. It has the best views from any moon in the solar system. Before I came to Earth, I used to love flying over the jagged peaks and craters and soaring towards that glorius, golden ringed world as it rose over the horizon.

Apart from anything else, Mimas looks like the Death Star! You can't get much cooler than that!!

antoniseb
2004-Jul-13, 01:44 AM
I'm from Phobos. We have an interesting hedonistic culture, but unfortunately we can't really get out to the ouside of Phobos very often because if you lose your grip the differential gravity from Mars pulls you off the moon, That's OK, though, no one wants to go anywhere when we can stay inside with the Leather Goddesses.

Tom2Mars
2004-Jul-13, 01:50 AM
I had an intensive 2 week Shiatsu massage therapy in Toronto years ago by a person who also balanced Aura's and did past life regression/readings. When the Shiatsu sessions were over, and my Chakra's were clear, he did the past life thing and for the first time in hundreds of readings got zip, nada. Weird things happened the air above me and the table shook a lot, and his Amethyst crystals stopped completely.

All he could suggest was that I was a first-timer, here for something. Which would probably explain why most of the time I am absolutely astonished at what I observe, and the rest of the time, I feel like a clueless idiot.

However, I do like space. B)

DippyHippy
2004-Jul-13, 01:53 AM
LOL Snap, Tom. Not sure about the whole reincarnation thing though ;)

damienpaul
2004-Jul-13, 01:57 AM
well it is turning out to be an interesting solar system!!!

myself a long-nostril-haired tenpin bowler from Uranus

the fatalistic practical joking plutonian Ziggy who nicked the uranian emporer's 'toy'

Dips from Death Star Mimas...are you really Darth Vader, I wonder...

Anton from a very 'nice' phobos, like a roman orgy?

and Tom from some ethereal plane...that is interestic, but what planet you from...

A very interesting solar system!! Come on the rest of you, spill the beans!!

DippyHippy
2004-Jul-13, 02:52 AM
I'm not Darth Vader, but he *does* come from Mimas and very much maligned. Poor guy has chronic asthma, which is why he has to wear all that body gear. They even wrote a song about him on Mimas:

*Long distance information
*They have just hung up on me
*'Cos I phoned and started
*Breathing heavily
*I said it was my asthma
*But all she did was curse
*She told me where to stick the phone and now my asthma's worse!

imported_Ziggy
2004-Jul-13, 03:22 PM
We Plutoians are interested in setting-up trade routes between Uranus, Pluto, and Phobos. So we can sell more "toys." (In a Evil voice) Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

Tiny
2004-Jul-13, 05:31 PM
:lol: I am the King of Charon. One thing I need to emphasize that Charon wasn't a moon. It's a planet, Pluto is just my orbital satellite :lol: Hehehehe!LOL

imported_Ziggy
2004-Jul-13, 07:41 PM
Do the people of Charon want to buy "toys?" Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

StarLab
2004-Jul-14, 03:15 AM
My dad's from the planet Toronto. My mom's from the planet NYC. I'm from the satellite Titan.

damienpaul
2004-Jul-14, 04:43 AM
Ahhh, so whats the story with your homeworld Mr. Titan Starlab???

Tinaa
2004-Jul-14, 04:56 AM
I am from Mars. Do you grok?

galaxygirl
2004-Jul-14, 05:06 AM
Hey Tinaa, I'm from Mars too! Cydonia, Mars, to be exact. That nice thing you earthlings call "The Face" is actually my home, and I'm sick of all these people posting pictures of it on the net. Sheesh, cant someone get a bit privacy?!?

Tinaa
2004-Jul-14, 05:08 AM
Then they send stuff to nose around my sandbox. I spent years digging that big hole in the ground.

damienpaul
2004-Jul-14, 05:10 AM
sounds like you are wanting an invasion...want the help from the Uranus Tenpin Bowling team?

galaxygirl
2004-Jul-14, 05:16 AM
Well, we do have this giant army under the surface of Mars already... we've been anticipating this invasion for a while now. I'll let you know if we need your help though- thanks for the offer.

As you can see here (http://www.universetoday.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3264), these "desert monsters" are actually our top secret troops trying to extract iron from the rocks so we can work on our superior weaponry. Mwahahaha.

rahuldandekar
2004-Jul-14, 10:32 AM
Hello, I'm from Neptune.

We live below the surface of our planet, and our privacy has not been destroyed as you humans haven't shown much interest in our planet. We are the inventors, and remember 'toyboy' Ziggy, we gave you the toys. We made the earth, we seeded all the planets with life, we created the solar sytem, we created the universe!

Oops, I forgot to tell you that the original 'lunatics' are from Neptune. :blink:

:rolleyes:

gnosys
2004-Jul-14, 12:16 PM
Am I a planet? That WOULD explain that big, bulky, round feeling I've been having lately. It would also explain why I can't seem to shake this nagging sense of just going around in circles. Not to mention spinning on my axis like a darn fool. I was never cut out for planetary motion. After a couple billion years I invariably throw up... something I should definitely NOT have started thinking about. Ugh. I advise you all to keep your distance. If you don't want to get sprayed with molten nickel and iron, that is...

Hey, that means YOU, pal! (I HATE having my personal space invaded. I swear, I should get one of those "If you can feel my gravity you're too close!" stickers.)

Uh, fella -- what part of "that means you" don't you understand?!

AW, NOOO! NOT A FREAKIN' MOON! I HATE MOONS! Oh yeah, I can feel those tides going now. What a treat! Now that's really gonna settle my stomach. And you know what they say -- there's no surer way to come down with life than a little regular tidal action. (And I was already a candidate, for sure. I don't even bother gettng my oxygen levels checked any more.) I never thought I'd say this, but it sure would be nice to run into a 13-trillion-trillion ton meteor right about now.

Naturally, I'm now convinced I've got living things crawling around on me! Talk about making your crust crawl! All you gotta do is mention a condition -- continental drift, volcanism, magnetic field, life -- and I'm instantly convinced I've got it! (I'm SURE about the magnetic field, by the way. I don't know if you've ever had one, but that faint hum is enough to enough to drive you to just taking the ole' Sun plunge...

...I never actually WOULD, though -- end it all, I mean. It's against my faith. I was taught that no matter how bad stuff gets, no matter how boring, or how totally pointless it starts to feel to go around and around the same boring star aeon after aeon... or how much abuse you gotta take from gas giants, or how much your darn Moon starts to drive you bonkers -- I mean could you just SAY something, man?! You're giving me the creeps just staring at me like that! Hey, no offense, but you're not one of THOSE kind of moons, are you? I mean, it's not like I've got anything against that kinda thing; I just happen to believe that the only true mutual annihilation is that which occurs between matter and anti-matter.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, no matter how boring and uncomfortable and totally pointless it all starts to seem, you just gotta suck it up and believe we were put here for a reason, you know? I don't know what that reason could possibly BE, in my case -- unless it's just to serve as the host for a Level-1 biological infestation for as long as it takes for it to go extinct, God forbid, evolve intelligence.

Oh yeah, as if a planet like me is ever gonna wind up with intelligent life. Nope -- not a chance. You wanna know what I'M gonna end up with? Humans. I just know it.

damienpaul
2004-Jul-14, 12:21 PM
ROFLMAO

rahuldandekar - so you are those noisy neighbours!!!!!

galaxygirl - send those legions!!!! cause it appears gnosys has got a bad case of human-itis!

rahuldandekar
2004-Jul-19, 11:05 AM
We- the noisy neighbours! Your directions are wrong. The Saturnians are the noisy neighbours. We invented the compass and you get it wrong! We invented directions and you get it wrong? We made Uranus and What have you done of it? WE Made the universe and...

:wacko: :wacko:

damienpaul
2004-Jul-19, 08:45 PM
YOU made Uranus???? no way? could it be, are you the... mythical Tenpin Master??

TheThorn
2004-Jul-20, 04:27 PM
I'm from Iapetus.

This is the lighter side speaking at the moment. I don't think you want to deal with my dark side.

Spacemad
2004-Jul-20, 07:40 PM
:ph34r: I bet you'll have difficulty in finding my home - its well hidden at the bottom of our thick atmosphere next to a lake of molten lead. Lovely for taking some warming, soothing baths! :) We made up our atmosphere to hide ourselves from your prying,inquisitive human eyes - then you had to send that probe that makes our work pointless - its radar pulses gave us terrible headaches, makes our antennae twist in knots every time it passes over our region!

Were planning on invading your world - weve already started the process of "warming" your world - & you call it the "greenhouse effect", you poor things, little do you realise that soon your species will be extinct & then we will come & occupy your frigid world & speed up the changes till the glare of that terrible "eye-in-the-sky" is totally blocked out with a thick cloud cover that will keep the heat in & boil away that terrible H2O that covers 2/3rds of the surface. B)

Oh, for a lovely, refreshing sulphuric acid shower!

String Fan
2004-Jul-21, 11:39 AM
Genealogy not my forte but I'm thinking probably Saturn as I'm tib a.

rahuldandekar
2004-Jul-23, 03:59 PM
What is the Mythical Tenpin Master? If he is somewhere, We probably made him too.

P.S. Spacemad, We invite you Venusians to a party on our planet. Toys for lunch ( ordered from Pluto). Ha.

Eclipse
2004-Jul-24, 04:46 AM
No, no, no. Women are from Venus, and men are from Mars. I being an Eclipse am from neither.

To find my planet, you have to direct yourself toward the second star to the left of Polaris and straight on until morning. :D
Just leave a message with my reciptionist. Her name is Tinkerbell. :lol:

Relmuis
2004-Jul-26, 03:17 PM
I am from Oshido, one of the major planets of the Solar System.

This may surprise you, as Oshido has not yet been discovered by humanity.

But that's because our planet is never visible from Earth or it's vicinity. It is, however, readily visible from Mars, so it may be discovered any minute now.

Though I doubt it. Camera's on Mars are usually pointed at Martian rocks, or at clouds, not at the night sky. And even if a blip of light is seen where no blip of light is supposed to be, it will probably be explained away as a software bug, a hardware glitch, a passing meteorite, or whatever.

No, Oshido is not invisible, or immaterial, or astral, or made of glass, or whatever. It is not even very small; in fact it is a few percents more massive than Earth. It's an honest to goodness planet and not even all that far from Earth. Even Mars is sometimes more distant than Oshido, though Venus and Mercury are always nearer the Earth.

Can you guess why even the Hubble Telescope will never see us?

ASEI
2004-Jul-26, 04:33 PM
I'm from Ohio. That makes me weirder than most aliens you are likely to encounter.

Peter Canuck
2004-Jul-26, 05:14 PM
I hail from a small asteroid in the Kuiper Belt. Not all of our species were lost in the high brow'd humor that was Pluto's little gift.
Our great distance from the sun has allowed us to adapt to colder climates which lets many of my people keep summer homes in Canada. :D

My people enjoy fishing and 3-down football. That 4-down stuff they play in the USA is soooooo boring. Must have been another of Pluto's ill fated attempts at humor.

My species is highly evolved. We communicate mostly through telepathy and a series of forehead skin movements with our 4 eyebrows. Verbal communication is so last week. Our travel to and from this delightful planet often coincides with the seasonal changes in your ozone levels. It provides a nice shield for the entry and exit into orbit or our space-craft. Many prominent earth discoveries such as gel ink pens and rubber-bands came from our people who were trying to explore your level of scientific advancment. We must admit the paper-clip is all yours though we have used that amazing technology often.

Also Bacon. Nothing quite like that anywhere else in the Universe.

It has been nice visiting you. We will be back many times.

rahuldandekar
2004-Nov-12, 06:02 AM
WHAT?!!

All the inventions are ours! So what if you call us lunatics from neptune? We invented the paper clip. We made the solarsystem. We...

P.S. I'll like to start this discussion again. Great topic.

damienpaul
2004-Nov-12, 08:56 AM
HA! now you made us Uranians mad!!! can you see the storms a brewin', the ten-pin bowling team is getting restless again!

rahuldandekar
2004-Nov-12, 09:00 AM
What's tenpin? Ha! Maybe we invented that too!