PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Moving Again

Fraser
2004-Jul-13, 06:49 PM
SUMMARY: I just wanted to warn you all that there will be some disruptions in the next few days, as our family is moving... again. We're packing everything up on Wednesday (including the computer), and it's all getting moved on Friday. I'll try and get one last issue out tomorrow, and then you probably won't hear from me until Monday. Maybe later if the Internet installation is a problem. So, if you don't hear from me, that's why.

We're moving from Vancouver, to a smaller city on Vancouver Island called Courtenay. Although I grew up on Hornby Island, I commuted two hours every day to Courtenay to go to school, so I do have roots there. This brings us closer to both my and Katrina's families, and gives us much easier access to nature. We're moving out of a townhouse and into an actual house, with a yard, trees, and even a fish pond. I should have some really dark skies - time for a new telescope.

I've got to say, I'm really grateful for the Internet - it lets me live anywhere on Earth, and still do work and earn an income. :-)

Thanks for your patience.

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

galaxygirl
2004-Jul-13, 07:23 PM
Good luck with the move Fraser. Your new yard should be helpful in being the construction/launch site for UTSS1. Lucky you- you get dark skies, and a fish pond! :D

Universet'day Reader
2004-Jul-13, 08:07 PM
Good luck moving your stuff and hope you all enjoy the new place :) !

Any idea what kind of telescope you'll be getting for your new dark skies B) ?

Guest_David
2004-Jul-13, 09:13 PM
I'm new to this site but I'd like to say good luck for your move!

Zauber
2004-Jul-13, 10:34 PM
hello

wow what a co-incidence. I live in Maple Ridge and will be moving to Denman Island in August. Do you have any idea what the best internet connection is that I can get there?
Good luck with the move.
Your site is my home site and the only one I read everyday. Thank you for all your hard work neighbour.

Fraser
2004-Jul-13, 10:52 PM
Hah, nice. :-) We're going with Shaw, but I'm not sure if they have highspeed on Denman.

Cambo
2004-Jul-13, 11:54 PM
Hi Fraser,
thanx for the info, just did a Google search on Vancouver Island and Courtenay, nice looking place!

damienpaul
2004-Jul-14, 12:00 AM
i have just got a mental image of a beverley hillbillies style of moving...:P with fraser sitting atop in his chir on a computer...lol

Best wishes for Fraser, Katrina and the two angels in their move!!! when is the housewarming?

Paul_pc
2004-Jul-14, 02:09 AM
Best of luck! It's wonderful that you are able to take your family to one of the most beautiful parts of the world and still make a living.

You're setting a good example for all of us.

rcagreen
2004-Jul-14, 02:10 AM
Enjoy your new home, good sir. I got my first dog, Max.

Josh
2004-Jul-14, 02:50 AM
Access to nature and .. more importantly .. free baby sitting!!

StarLab
2004-Jul-14, 03:20 AM
wow what a co-incidence. I live in Maple Ridge and will be moving to Denman Island in August.
wow what a co-incidence. I will be moving BACK home from Loyola Marymount University after three weeks in the Center For Talented Youths program. Yep. That's right. I'm taking Bio II. My home is only half an hour away, but I'm livin' on campus. I'll be back home on Friday. Back at a 24/7 computer.

theborg
2004-Jul-14, 05:36 AM
B) Why buy a new telescope when you have a dandy right next door,government provided too(:-)]

Good luck in your new digs.

John Archibald
2004-Jul-14, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by theborg@Jul 14 2004, 05:36 AM
B) Why buy a new telescope when you have a dandy right next door,government provided too(:-)]

Good luck in your new digs.
B) I expect you will be popping over to the government owned telescope more
frequently now.Good seeing.

Greg
2004-Jul-14, 06:23 AM
I have been to that part of the world a few of summers ago. The countryside is beautiful there, especially around Victoria. The populace is also friendly and laid back, my kind of people. But the water is a little cold in the ocean, even in the summertime! I get some great views of the sky from the hills of central New Hampshire, but due to midwest pollution I bet your views from Vancouver Isle are even better, so I am envious.
Good luck and keep the website chugging along.

Kneeknocker
2004-Jul-14, 09:38 AM
Good luck with the move fraser..look forward to the news flowwing in again. :D

Victoria
2004-Aug-27, 11:11 PM
Congratulations. :)