PDA

View Full Version : Guests

Callisto
2004-Sep-01, 07:34 PM
Whenever I logon there's always a lot of guests on this site and I mean a lot. So, guests here's a suggestion: Join the site, become a member and get to know a lot of people on this site. The more the merrier!

StarLab
2004-Sep-02, 03:58 AM
Believe me, I had asked Fraser about this once already...he said this was the norm: a few major members, some few-posting members, some one post or not at all, and hundreds upon hundreds of guests who pass through in the blink of an eye, though some like John L stay with us long enough to become a member.

Fraser
2004-Sep-02, 05:20 AM
It's true, I said it then, and I believe it to this day. Although it would be great if every guest signed up, it's just not realistic. People have their own reasons for wanting to stay anonymous. I know I lurk in lots of forums, and never get around to making a post.

Saxton - UK
2004-Sep-02, 08:10 AM
Point taken, so Ive registered and this is my first (hopefully not last) post.

VanderL
2004-Sep-02, 12:03 PM
Oh and don't forget there are members who once in awhile forget to login :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Callisto
2004-Sep-02, 07:25 PM
Way to go Saxton! Thanks for joining.

coffeebaron
2004-Sep-02, 08:29 PM
what are the little boxes and names under the pictures?

Callisto
2004-Sep-03, 10:25 AM
That's kinda like your rank. For every person you can see how many posts they have. Depending on how many you have that's the rank you get. You start of with a dust speck and i think when you get at least 10 posts you become an asteriod and get two boxes then after you get I don'y know how many posts you become a planet and gain another box and so on. By the way welcome the Universe Today!

Bridh Hancock
2004-Sep-04, 03:59 AM
I joined as soon as this site was told to me, and that was about a year ago; it is a beauty. I have made only a few postings because I am an enterested reader, not a scientific activist. Earlier this year, my p.c. told me that I must register before I could read, let alone comment; so I did.
Here is my smiley face. Just add specs. :)