PDA

View Full Version : Forum feedback

Wouter
2004-Sep-12, 06:59 AM
Hi,

I tried changing my avatar. It says: The following file types are allowed: gif .jpeg .jpg .swf .png

Yet, when I tried uploading a .swf file, the system denied it for being an illegal filetype. I uploaded it to my own webspace and then linked from it. This was accepted, but I do not see my avatar. I also tried this with a .png file, but the same thing happened. I suggest you change the text or really accept these filetypes ;) -- I now use a normal .jpg

By the way, it took me some time finding the rules. Hadn't expected them to be in feedback.

kashi
2004-Sep-12, 10:49 AM
Hi Wouter,

The reason Fraser has not allowed .swf files is because he doesn't want people to potentially have to upgrade their browsers when visiting the forum (which is obviously somewhat inconvenient).

Thanks for the feedback.

Kashi

chuckb
2004-Oct-23, 08:40 PM
Frasier, Please add a spell checker [if possible], I'm getting killed, I am;

[Pick one, they all apply]

1. Too lazy to spell properely
2. Too slow a typist to look up from the keyboard
3. If I knew it was misplelled, I wouldn't have spelled it that way
4. Really tired of my wife sitting begind me, gigling

Although, Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe

zephyr46
2004-Oct-25, 03:01 AM
justthinkyourselfluckythissiteisn'tThaitheydon'tev enusespacesimaginebadspellingandnospaces :D

Chook
2004-Oct-27, 07:19 PM
:D :lol: :D
Badspelliga ndbad spa ses wooldbe worse! :P

Victoria
2004-Oct-28, 12:28 AM
: :D hehehe :) that's funny :)

Algenon the mouse
2004-Oct-28, 03:54 AM
jUSt dO noT Do tHis.

damienpaul
2004-Oct-28, 01:00 PM
siht rO

(and i am not swearing)

zephyr46
2004-Oct-29, 01:38 AM
i hOPEn ot evIL DamO?

alfchemist
2004-Oct-29, 10:10 AM
ynnuf era syug uoy! :)

zephyr46
2004-Oct-30, 03:33 AM
flesruoy tib a era uoy :lol:

Chook
2004-Nov-01, 09:34 PM
I propowz that Inglish speling wood bee beter if it woz bayst on fonetic speling insted ov whotever it iz bayst on now - lyk Spanish.