PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Write for Universe Today

Fraser
2004-Sep-21, 06:15 PM
SUMMARY: Okay, I'm finally loosening my control freak hold on Universe Today, and opening up the site to freelance writers. If you're interested in contributing stories to the site, please drop me an email and let me know your experience and the kind of stories you're interested in doing. Since this is just a hobby, funded mainly by donations, I can't actually pay writers yet. However, the website gets close to a million page views a month, and there are 25,000 people on the email subscription list, so I can provide you with some publicity and maybe contacts with agencies that actually can pay. Here's a link to some more information.

Thanks!

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

P.S. Here's a completely unrelated image of our family headed up the Mt. Washington chairlift.

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

StarLab
2004-Sep-21, 07:25 PM
Fraser, no one can run a Forum Board better than you. ;)

om@umr.edu
2004-Sep-23, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by StarLab@Sep 21 2004, 07:25 PM
Fraser, no one can run a Forum Board better than you. ;)
Amen!

damienpaul
2004-Sep-24, 08:04 AM
i concur wholeheartedly, although, Fraser, if you'd like, post a topic or topics to be written about and then as an editor select the better ones...just a thought.

Guest_Victoria
2004-Sep-27, 01:25 AM
Good to see ya taking time to share. Freelance is sweet, what a great site to open up to. Wish I had free time...good luck to all who dare :)

Planetwatcher
2004-Sep-27, 06:24 AM
What a generous offer. :P
Although I've been told I have a knack for writing, I don't feel so accomplished, having only very limited publicity. :unsure:
And even that is mostly political, and/or religious based. : :blink:

Even my first vain attempt at science fiction is standing still and has been for months. :(

I don't think I could do nearly the job you can, but I'd be willing to try my hand as some type of reporter, if I ever run accross something no one else has and can get it on here before someone else does. :rolleyes:

Or if I can take something we already have and make it more understandable and interesting, I may try that too. B)