PDA

View Full Version : This new species of man

DarkChapter
2004-Nov-05, 02:00 AM
Does anyone know how many skeletons of this Homo floresiensis have been found? Is it only one? It says they did analysis on the skull and bones and found out she was 20 years old but not a child. If they have only found one skelton, how do they know it isnt just some feak of nature? I'm sure they have found skeletons of people with deformed skeletons before, extra limbs and things, and it wasnt suggested that a new species of man lived that had 3 legs, Homo tripedius. Do you think their needs to be more finds before a new stage in mans evolution is added to the story?

Duane
2004-Nov-05, 07:05 PM
There were a group of skeletons found, not just one. They also discovered items used by this species in the caves where they found the skeletons.

Chook
2004-Nov-06, 02:58 AM
I find it bloody marvellous when some "expert" holds up a chunk of rock and solemnly announces that this was used by a caveman 20,000 years ago to sharpen his spear (or something).

I suspect that a hellofa lot of guesswork is used here. "Experts"? <_<

Victoria
2004-Nov-08, 11:10 PM
I read alot...each time I find a new portal unlocked. I would never shut out anything. That is why I believe History, Space and Revolution is my basis. :)