PDA

View Full Version : Britain in iraq

rynolds
2004-Nov-05, 01:22 PM
Yesterday we heard the sad news that 3 British soldiers from the blackwatch and 1 translator were killed by a suicide bomber at dogwood.
Others were injured and are now be treated.

What I what to Know is what do you think.

Are the british needed in iraq or should it be an all american operation?

Do you americans think the brits are needed and the road to peace in iraq would fail without them?

In america, what do the odanary citizens think? Do they care the brits are there?

Surely its true that their must be some purpose for them or else the american goverment would not have asked the blackwatch to move to the new location so to free up the american forces.

Should this have even happened considering its an american lead war and the US forces are much larger than the UKs.

Has anyone from any other country except the UK even heard that these soldiers have died?

If not, than to be that signals that the americans and others in this war don't really care if the british are there or not.

Just wondering what everyone, especially the american members of this site thought about this subject.

Scarla O'
2004-Nov-05, 01:44 PM
Well i've never seen a political thread on this forum before so I hope i'm not breaking any unspoken rule but...

...in my opinion the British should not be in Iraq, and neither should the U.S or any other non-Iraqi military force. I believe that the doctrine of pre-emptive attack is immoral and that the excuses for this war are phony.

Fraser
2004-Nov-05, 04:40 PM
Yeah, we actually do have a rule about not discussing politics here in the forum. Politics and religion just turn into flamefests.

Duane
2004-Nov-05, 07:09 PM
The rules for this forum can be found here: http://www.universetoday.com/forum/index.p...?showtopic=1134 (http://www.universetoday.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1134)

This is the specific rule:

7. No Politics or Religion

Discussions about politics and religion nearly always turn ugly, and frankly, I don't have the time or interest in policing conversations that do little but make people angry at each other. So, don't start or contribute to a topic that's going to just start people yelling at each other. The moderators and I will shut down or delete any thread that has obviously taken an overtly political/religious direction.

Cheers!