PDA

View Full Version : alien's

hubble
2004-Nov-07, 08:38 AM
Would aliens have developed technology to come on our planet and start life forms we refer to as animals. Plus have us humans not considered the possibility that if aliens are developed in technology that we are infact from another planet.

I guess the point i am raising is maybe inferior lifeforms on other planets were sent to earth with no technology and become as we know the CAVEMAN. Maybe our lives have become an aliens big brother channell 600 AMERICA chanell 601 FRANCE. What if we just ants to a more supreme race in which created us and with the push of a button our HAPPY WORLD can be destroyed.
13 year old
,hubble :rolleyes:

GOURDHEAD
2004-Nov-07, 12:32 PM
Not likely. They would be acutely aware that unsupervised evolution could produce ugly surprises to their detriment. Unless they have discovered that dealing with such challenges maintains their competitive edge at an optimum level of sharpness.

Betelgeuse
2004-Nov-07, 12:37 PM
Are you suggesting or asking that we have evolved from aliens? (if you're not, please let me know!)

If you are, you make a fair point.

The definition of an alien is: A person residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there.

some people believe we arrived on earth via a comet....life evolved - there were cavemen etc, however as a life form, you could say that we had obtained citizenship here which would not make us aliens.

You present a dissimilar theory that aliens developed technology, found planet earth and evolved here, however once again we come back to the same point, that the aliens would have obtained the status of citizenship.

You make a fair point, hubble and it should be interesting to discuss.

You also suggest that aliens elswhere who could have developed life on our planet in the first place control our everyday lives and they can put a stop to it at any time. Good point! By saying this you also imply that every trace of life in the universe is controlled by one specific life form. Clever.

For more definitoins of "alien" check out the link below - using a definition will help you clarify your hypothesis.

Definitions of Alien (http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=define%3A+alien)

Hope my comments help you,
Regards
Rigel

hubble
2004-Nov-12, 09:34 AM
I was indeed making a statement and asking a question. Yet after much discission on the net it brings us back to one commonly asked question ARE WE THE SUPERIOR SPECIES. We are superior overall but many this we are not for instance we can't fly by our selves. DO you think yet again that aliens like us for a zoo what us to see what we are like. Like a zoo are we entertainment.

Another piont would be if an alien race decided to come and destroy us or needed help from us what would we do. DO Aliens have conflicts and dimplomatic statuses like us. Maybe through time our minds evolution that they have learned off us and they may have to partially erase us or destroy us for fear of being destroyed themselves as our evolutionary status uprises.
Byt the way i am only 13

That theory that aliens may have created us brings us to is there a god. What religion are you i am agnostic.

GOURDHEAD
2004-Nov-12, 12:57 PM
That theory that aliens may have created us brings us to is there a god. What religion are you i am agnostic.
Read Daniel Dennett's book: Darwin's Dangerous Idea and remember that superior is a relative term subject to change over time and with the accumulation of knowledge and wisdom.

The chances that we are a zoo or farm team for some species more advanced than we are vanishingly small. Panspermia has a slightly greater chance of being a viable mechanism for providing alien infestation.

damienpaul
2004-Nov-12, 01:45 PM
at the risk of sounding like aan overtired moron, what is panspermia?

Duane
2004-Nov-12, 06:44 PM
panspermia

pan·sper·mi·a: noun;

The theory that microorganisms or biochemical compounds from outer space are responsible for originating life on Earth and possibly in other parts of the universe where suitable atmospheric conditions exist.

alainprice
2004-Nov-13, 07:16 PM
As earth is bombarded with impacts from comets and meteorites, some debris makes it's way into space. Since bacteria can survive freezing and other such conditions, it's possible that some bacteria nested within a rock could travel to another 'solar system', where it might fall into a planet much like earth. There it would act as the seed of life.

ulgah
2004-Nov-14, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by alainprice@Nov 13 2004, 07:16 PM
As earth is bombarded with impacts from comets and meteorites, some debris makes it's way into space. Since bacteria can survive freezing and other such conditions, it's possible that some bacteria nested within a rock could travel to another 'solar system', where it might fall into a planet much like earth. There it would act as the seed of life.
The odds against that happening, is so astronomically great, that it's hardly worth thinking about! LOL. Given a little time, it may be on the outer fringes of possibility, within a solar system, but travel to another solar system?? NO! Beyond all those distant barriers, much time would be involved. Small microbes probably could not survive the length of time it would take (on a small Piece of material) to travel to another solar system. :D

GOURDHEAD
2004-Nov-14, 01:55 PM
Given a little time, it may be on the outer fringes of possibility, within a solar system, but travel to another solar system?? NO! Beyond all those distant barriers, much time would be involved. Small microbes probably could not survive the length of time it would take (on a small Piece of material) to travel to another solar system.
Although I'm not a strong proponent of panspermia, I don't rule it out. I believe life started from scratch without supernatural supervision somewhere in the universe, probably many times over and that it is the nature of the combining characteristics of C, H, O, & N (and a few others) to result in DNA structured life which has stability and versatility advantages over what other types may have formed thus winning the evolutionary race. These elements obviously are the more plentiful amongst those of atomic mass greater than helium and their valences direct the forming of life supporting compounds with which we are familiar.

Being guided by the principle that whatever nature does not prohibit will happen sooner or later, I can imagine living organisms or the compounds basic to selforganization tough enough to last for billions of years drifting through interstellar (and even intergalactic) space, being deposited into a growth enhancing environment and restarting life or being resurrected from a dormant state especially if they are embedded near the center of an object of a hundred or so meters "radius" that has been gravitationally slingshot out of its native stellar system. It helps if the object is water rich. After landing in a suitable environment, the forces of evolution take over and who knows what will follow?

ulgah
2004-Nov-15, 04:41 PM
GOURDHEAD,
You are a real optimist!! LOL.

hubble
2004-Nov-18, 06:26 AM
Some times the theory that trying to go to mars is just an escape of our problems on earth. Read the topic DON'T TERRAFORM MARS. As it defines this much. This also links with my theory about life on other planets. What if we land and find oh crap some one else is here.

ChromeStar
2004-Nov-22, 04:01 PM
You mention a possible alien race superior then ourselves, have you ever thought about the possibiliy of a race older ,but maybe at a roman empire level, which does not see the point in developing further technologies.

If Alien do exist ( highly likely) Aliens would possibly apear in more than one form.. for all we know they may be living rocks after all the a living thing is clasified by:

growth
eating
excreting
locomotion
reproduction
and there are 2 more but i can't think

my point being that life can apear in any form yet still be life regardless. :D

stpbutcool1
2004-Nov-23, 03:25 PM
i think it is very posiable at a later date it is posable that we can have a "race superior then ourselves" becouse if the big bang is correct all planets where made with the same substance and maby a planet like mars can have a race like ours will be someday be able to have life like ours.
:D

John L
2004-Nov-23, 08:06 PM
ulgah,

The sun has orbited the galaxy about 23 times since it formed. In that time it is possible that we have plowed through clouds of gas, dust, and ices formed throughout the galaxy at various periods. If those clouds contained the building blocks of life, or even actual life, it is very possible that some of that material rained down on the Earth and kick started life as we know it. A comet from Alpha Centauri doesn't have to travel the 4 light years to Earth to bring it's material when the sun itself is moving through the galaxy.

And I agree that life can't be just an exceptionally random occurance that could have only happened here on Earth. I'm not saying anything about inteligence as we know it, but life should be everywhere.

stpbutcool1
2004-Nov-23, 10:35 PM
"it is very possible that some of that material rained down on the Earth and kick started life as we know it."

yeh i thank that life was just kick started on earth but i am sure after a long peried of time it is possible that life can happen on other planets but i also thank that if we do interfear with the other planets like putting people on mars we could kill off the life of other planets. :D

stpbutcool1
2004-Nov-23, 10:46 PM
You mention a possible alien race superior then ourselves, have you ever thought about the possibiliy of a race older ,but maybe at a roman empire level, which does not see the point in developing further technologies.

i dont thank we would ever find out

1st what would keep them from killing us and takeing earth

2nt what planet do u really thank they would live on we have been to all the non gassy ones ((not pluto)) and we have seen nothing in fact we have not seen any water on any of them but mars which is ice.