PDA

View Full Version : What subjects do you like besides Astronomy

dgold44
2004-Nov-16, 08:22 PM
I know this has nothing to do with astronomy but just curious!!!!!!!!!

Personally I love history and evolutionary science alot! and natural sciences alot as well aslong with Earth Science.
Sure we all like astronomy but what else??

StarLab
2004-Nov-16, 08:43 PM
Maybe this should be in TOT.

Tiny
2004-Nov-16, 09:42 PM
Psychology, Music, History and Gibberish

Duane
2004-Nov-16, 09:51 PM
Yep, off to TOT with you!

wstevenbrown
2004-Nov-17, 02:05 AM
Number theory, varietal coffees, pocket billiards, single malts, history/archaeology, greensmart technology. Regards-- :) Steve

bossman20081
2004-Nov-17, 02:21 AM
What do I like? I like history (read my social studies textbook in the first two days), football, almost every other kind of science there is, video games, hanging out with friends, watching tv, chess, and every other thing a geek likes to do in their free time. :lol:

Janice
2004-Nov-17, 03:13 AM
:D Garfield comics and bad poems about the peiodic table on "everypoet.com"
(some of which I posted!) :P

Janice
2004-Nov-17, 03:15 AM
I meant "Periodic" table

rahuldandekar
2004-Nov-17, 05:34 AM
Well I too like Ancient History and evolutionary sceince. And English. One of my favorites.

damienpaul
2004-Nov-17, 07:16 AM
meteorology!

rahuldandekar
2004-Nov-17, 10:53 AM
I can see that !

damienpaul
2004-Nov-17, 10:57 AM
but also poetry, writing, music, painting, drawing, gardening, teaching, movies, acting, ancient history, alternative histories, environmentalism and volunteer work....

Spacemad
2004-Nov-17, 12:09 PM
Interesting topic you've started here!

Well, I like gardening, reading SciFi books (I have almost every book Isaac Asimov wrote - some in English but most in Spanish!), collecting images on the Internet related to Space as well as Formula 1 racing & MotoF1 & in general practically anything to do with science (though Im a zero on the left (as they say in Spain!) when it comes to maths).

My father always used to say I walked around with my head in the air - well, he wasnt quite right, my head is in the stars but my hands (& feet) are in the earth!!! :P

mahesh
2004-Nov-17, 12:19 PM
hi guys

nice topic.....

groucho and all the marxes
and dave barry
and bach
and most of all
i love flynn... the 3.8yrs budding astronomer we have!

Ola D.
2004-Nov-17, 03:08 PM
I enjoy all sciences; especially Physics and Mathematics.

Apart from Science, I like Literature, theatre and poetry and all kinds of Arts. Painting and writing are some of my main hobbies that i'm strongly attached to since my early years. I also enjoy reading classics and political books.

Other than that, I enjoy Politics, History, Music (depending on my mood), Violin music and meditation :)

galaxygirl
2004-Nov-18, 02:45 AM
Other than astronomy, I also like psychology, biology, and medicine. Although I've never had formal studies in those subjects (other than biology which I'm doing now), I enjoy reading about them online or in books. I'm also interested in ancient cultures, reading (but not what I'm forced to read in school), writing, and current world events. Dance is a huge hobby of mine, but I don't know if that would count as a subject.

Matthew
2004-Nov-18, 08:06 AM
Maths, physics, english, history (especially australian war history). If your're interested.

dgold44
2004-Nov-18, 03:53 PM
I also love WATCHING ROGER FEDERER PLAY TENNIS!!!!!!!! The guy is a GOD!!!!!!
if you like tennis then watch federer because I have never seen anybody play so flawless and perfect!!!!!!!! and CREATIVE

Interesting...... I noticed alot of people posted they like Poetry, English, Literature, Writing and Music and painting..... Unforunately, those are my WORSE SUBJECT !!!!
I have zero talent in music and painting and poetry.
Daminen and OLA you seem to have very diverse interest!!!!!!!!!

Yes evolutionary science is GREAT!!!!!!! Am I the only person here who loves Earth and geo-science!!!!!!!!

bye
Also I play some tennis .. Also huge Aggasi FAN!!!!!!!!!!
Football team?? my detroit lions always stink so I dont watch much football these days lol

Ola D.
2004-Nov-18, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by dgold44@Nov 18 2004, 03:53 PM
Also I play some tennis .. Also huge Aggasi FAN!!!!!!!!!!

I used to play tennis too, and was a big fan of Aggasi :)
Now i just have very little time to it, but i still watch some tennis on TV every now and then..

chuckb
2004-Nov-28, 10:27 PM
Besides Astronomy, well Formula 1 and World Rallye Championship racing, gardening, video games [FPS], computers [professional interest], physics and cooking. We are currently building house so I have to add a substntial amount of DIY stuff here including home automation.

Chook
2004-Nov-29, 05:06 AM
I mostly like Pocket Billiards, like wstevenbrown. :D :P

damienpaul
2004-Nov-29, 07:02 AM
history (especially australian war history). If your're interested.

very much so, have studied it for years as a hobby, travelled to some of the towns around the place where great recruitment drives occured

gavwvin
2004-Nov-29, 09:10 AM
Drums, Tennis, Football (soccer I mean!), Web Design/programming

steve f
2004-Dec-03, 05:27 AM
Football (soccer), antropology, earth science, history, art, music, Little Britain, Irvine Welsh, cricket, having fun.

gavwvin
2004-Dec-03, 08:56 AM
Little Britain

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but shut up cos theres this whole other fing you don't even know about.

damienpaul
2004-Dec-03, 11:53 AM
what the...?

gavwvin
2004-Dec-03, 04:36 PM
I don't suppose you get "Little Britain" in Australia! If you saw the program you'd understand

steve f
2004-Dec-03, 11:10 PM
Yeah I know!

Matthew
2004-Dec-04, 03:19 AM
Little Britian was on in Australia, it screens just after Kath & Kim on ABC. I'm not sure if its still on at the moment as it is off ratings season now.

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-04, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by gavwvin@Dec 3 2004, 08:56 AM

Little Britain

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but shut up cos theres this whole other fing you don't even know about.
Guys, that's just got to be the best british comedy programme! The appear to have brought out the entire first and second series on video. I want that one!

Big Brother Dunk
2004-Dec-04, 04:20 PM
I'm an avid golfer. I can't get enough of it!!!

I also do karate & yoga.

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-09, 06:33 PM
How far have you got in karate?

6EQUJ5
2004-Dec-09, 10:48 PM
BEER! I CAN"T BELIEVE NOBODY MENTIONED BEER! I like beer. Beer is great. I like the way it looks. I especially like the way it tasts. I like the way it smells. I like the way you feel when you drink it. I don't like the way it feels when you drink to much.

Besided astronomy, I have interest in most sciences although most physics, chemistry, and math confuse the hell out of me I still try my best.

Human psychology-Its fascinating to understand how and why we do the things we do. Why do I like astronomy? Why is that guy such an idiot? Why can I not stand certian people?

History and evolution- Who are we and where did we come from? Good stuff there.

Biology- This was my college major so I guess I enjoy learning that as well.

Typing on these forums at work when I should be working is fun and provides some satisfaction.

Other things I enjoy include playing hockey in an adult league, playing computer RTS games and drinking beer as mentioned above. No I do not have a alcohol problem or do I?

Big Brother Dunk
2004-Dec-10, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Rigel@Dec 9 2004, 12:33 PM
How far have you got in karate?
I got up to brown belt when I quit 20 years ago. I just started up again a few months ago and took an equivalency test. Now I'm a 2nd purple and will test for brown in February. This is in Shotokan karate. I've also studied Tae Kwon Do & White Crane Kung Fu.

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-10, 06:17 PM
I like karate. Do you find it more enjoyable than Tae Kwon Do and White Crane Kung Fu?

Big Brother Dunk
2004-Dec-10, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 6EQUJ5@Dec 9 2004, 04:48 PM
BEER! I CAN"T BELIEVE NOBODY MENTIONED BEER! I like beer. Beer is great. I like the way it looks. I especially like the way it tasts. I like the way it smells. I like the way you feel when you drink it. I don't like the way it feels when you drink to much.

Besided astronomy, I have interest in most sciences although most physics, chemistry, and math confuse the hell out of me I still try my best.

Human psychology-Its fascinating to understand how and why we do the things we do. Why do I like astronomy? Why is that guy such an idiot? Why can I not stand certian people?

History and evolution- Who are we and where did we come from? Good stuff there.

Biology- This was my college major so I guess I enjoy learning that as well.

Typing on these forums at work when I should be working is fun and provides some satisfaction.

Other things I enjoy include playing hockey in an adult league, playing computer RTS games and drinking beer as mentioned above. No I do not have a alcohol problem or do I?
Well, now that you mention it, I love beer as well. I make my own, although I just use the kits so far. My absolute favourite beer is Guinness. It is the real king of beers.

I used to play hockey in a rec league as well, but stopped last winter after an ankle injury.

Big Brother Dunk
2004-Dec-13, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Rigel@Dec 10 2004, 12:17 PM
I like karate. Do you find it more enjoyable than Tae Kwon Do and White Crane Kung Fu?
Tae Kwon Do was OK, but I didn't have the flexibility for all the real high kicks.

White Crane Kung Fu rocks! Lots of long, flowing dramatic techniques. However, there is no school where I live now.

Karate is the most practical for self defense. I enjoy it immensely and besides, after a 20 year layoff, age is not as much a factor as it would be with the other two.

Do you train in karate?

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-13, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Big Brother Dunk@Dec 13 2004, 04:43 PM
Do you train in karate?
A few years ago, but not any more. I may want to try again - it really is an interesting martial art.....

steve f
2004-Dec-17, 12:24 AM
I've done beer and karate, beer is much more fun!

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-17, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by steve f@Dec 17 2004, 12:24 AM
Well, if your in to all that.........

Big Brother Dunk
2004-Dec-18, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by steve f@Dec 16 2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah, beer is good. :P

Planetwatcher
2004-Dec-31, 09:37 AM
Computers, radio, time travel possibilities, music, reading,(especially sci-fi and Christian fiction and Bible studies) Talk about oxymorons here you go.

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-31, 10:19 AM
Hello Planetwatcher! I was just wondering, what sort of music do you like? Do you play any instruments?

rahuldandekar
2004-Dec-31, 10:42 AM
Man, so many of us like music!

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-31, 06:07 PM
Man, so many of us like music!

Yes, as someone else pointed out earlier, there may be some corrolation between a like in astronomy and a like in music!

Titana
2005-Mar-31, 12:09 AM
Hello!!! My biggest intrerests is as you all can see astronomy, but i also like
molecular biology and phisics........

Bye.....................

Mr. Smartypants gamer guy
2005-Apr-16, 05:24 AM
quantom phisics, biology, electrobiology, well almost all science... and games, that does count as a subject right? :unsure:

nomadicdemon
2005-Apr-18, 05:41 AM
Besides astronomy, I like Student government, we just had prom and it was krazee to setup, I like history and World civ.....interesting how we continue to kill each other's ambitions and get nothing accomplished......I also like biology....late!

2005-Apr-18, 12:41 PM
your just learing that now mullet? amazing i learnt that in 5th grade well the world history part... well actualy i learnt alot in 5th grade biology man lots of stuff my teach was smart :)

tyrie2001
2005-Apr-18, 12:44 PM
I like almost all science's, TV- mainly 'futurama' and 'Have I Got News For You', computer games, and sleeping.

suntrack2
2005-Apr-19, 09:31 AM
well, i like, face reading, body language, mountaineering,paintaing,economics, script writing, building of imagination power.
and many other topics, the list is endless.
thanks for asking..

sunil

Darrrius
2005-Apr-19, 09:52 AM
I like Football!!! (soccer to you yanks) Pretty much any sport really, but football is my passion. Really looking forward to the champions league semi final between Liverpool and Chealsea (Come on you Reds!!!!).

I also enjoy playing guitar, fishing, listening to music, and thinking crazy thoughts!

tyrie2001
2005-Apr-19, 10:06 AM
Not that big on sports myself, I occasionly watch things like football, formula 1 and every now and then golf or snooker. I like reading though two of my favourite book are 'Jurassic Park' (the novel not the short book based on the movie written for kids) by Michele Crightton, (probabaly spelt that wrong) and 'The Xenocide Mission' by Ben Jeapes.

2005-Apr-20, 03:42 AM
darrius ur german? cause in germany fussball is soccer or the american way to say soccer in german football ehh to many things...