PDA

View Full Version : Mac's are great

hubble
2004-Nov-19, 07:32 AM
Hey i am hubble and i have a Mac. imac emac ibook ibookg4.

got any problems ask me and anything like free downloadable games tell us and tell us about your mac

Matthew
2004-Nov-19, 08:38 AM
As much as I "know", or think I know about computers (the latter is much more likely :P ), I have never used a Mac before. I've read about their features, I've even recommended one before, but have never used one. What are they like?

Chook
2004-Nov-19, 09:25 AM
Macs have always been better machinery - but software houses supported the IBMs so they are in the ascendancy. Tough luck! :unsure:

hubble
2004-Nov-19, 10:12 PM
considering the most powerful personal computer is a mac (power mac G5) i think we r set. The emac is the best rated computer for multimedia access. And the imac is cheap affordable and is more powerful than a dell twice its price. And if you havn't believed it before mac is richer in the united states sales than ibm and others. It is more popular. Havn't you noticed how lots of american movies have imac and i books in them. Plus most scientists here and there say that MAC'S ARE GREAT as they don't break down as often and when they do you can get your files back by your self. Many computer repair people say that macs are easier to repair.

Tom2Mars
2004-Nov-22, 10:31 PM
MACS!! What a wonderful topic!

I currently have an eMac, very nice for animations and graphics. Am also ready to get a G5 finally.

When I build the prototype of a Mars colony, it is planned to link the house Macs with the office Macs and take advantage of the unused processor cycles over a fiber optic network. Several hundred residences and offices should be able to provide a 1 TerraFlop speed. That's 1 Trillion computational cycles per second.

About a year ago, 1,000 dual-processor G5's were linked together and did better than that, and at the time, it was the world's 3rd fastest supercomputer.

PS: I was one of the first 40,000 customers who bought a Mac in its' first month of sales in 1984. It still works! I hope that means I have a good eye for greatness. :P

Cambo
2004-Nov-23, 02:09 AM
Yep can't go past a Mac for reliability. Very few virus attacks since Macs are only a small part of the computer world. Hwen I say very few, I've never had a problem in the 3 or 4 years I've had one (G4).
The cost though is a big downer, 3 times the price and then you have to buy the screen separately. But I thought it was worth it for the hassle free system I've got. Friends with PC's have had to reformat and clean out several times while I haven't had the need to, so far - touch wood.
Oh another down side is the software available is not as extensive, but I'm not a gamer so it doesn't matter to me.

Matthew
2004-Nov-23, 03:31 AM
The biggest problem with a Mac is their price. For those with a more tecnical mind you could link a few AMD 64-bit Athlon base PCs on a gigabit network. If you did it right you could get away with 5 or 6 PC's sharing their processing power for a price cheaper than the Mac. It would be especially cheap as you would only need one video card and sound card.

hubble
2004-Nov-23, 05:54 AM
g4 aye
power mac g5 is the best so quite considering it is so powerful.

kashi
2004-Nov-23, 06:48 AM
Besides price and compatibilty, Macs are fantastic. Most recording studios use them these days.

damienpaul
2004-Nov-23, 07:02 AM
okay, i am fast becoming convinced, whats the best notebook that you could recommend that would allow me netork access as well as internet/office equivalent capabilities?

Matthew
2004-Nov-23, 07:53 AM
Network access is something that you will need to check with the person who leads your network for the Mac and PC run on a different network interfacing system.

hubble
2004-Nov-24, 02:47 AM
well get an ibook g4 and get the officew 2004 formac package. THe interfacing system will not change with proper prgrams. Go to www.download.com for prtoducts that are sufficient to this
:huh: :huh: