PDA

View Full Version : Area 51?

stpbutcool1
2004-Dec-09, 01:27 AM
:huh: ok most of u prob thank i am really stupid but is "Area 51" real and is it possiabe that they have life forms from space that we just dont know about?????? B)

Jakenorrish
2004-Dec-09, 11:24 AM
Hi!

I would take a look at the 'Have we been visited?' thread for some really good arguements on the ideas of alien visitation.

For the record (you'll see if you take a look!) I think that Area 51 and the idea of extra terrestrials visiting us is impossible, but your ideas and thoughts would be very welcome!

Cheers,

Jake B)

misha2dope
2004-Dec-10, 05:31 AM
i was just talking about Area 51 with somebody and we talked about it for a really long time. yes Area 51 is real and no one knows for sure if they have these things. it even seems that USA landing on the moon was a fake. heres the proof. in the years USA launched their rocket to the moon, you couln't hear a thing the austranuts where saying because the egine of the rocket was extremely loud. also, when they put the flag, it was moving as if the wind was blowing on it. THERE IS NO WIND ON THE MOON!!! their Area 51 is really secured. there where 3 12 year old kids who decided to walk by that place. as soon they came near, they got shot. the security took the kids into their place and that was the end. i don't think that they really have anything.(maybe they do, who knows) all this information is topsecret and no one will ever know. if it was real it would all over the news. and NASA would be on that project :blink:

Molecular
2004-Dec-10, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by stpbutcool1@Dec 9 2004, 01:27 AM
:huh: ok most of u prob thank i am really stupid but is "Area 51" real and is it possiabe that they have life forms from space that we just dont know about?????? B)
If Area 51 was a place that held alien beings, why would it be SO secretive, and yet SO grand in size as to stand out like an eye sore..........doesn't make sense. I believe it's just a place sectioned off by the government to test prototype aircraft. ;)

Bobunf
2004-Dec-10, 06:08 AM
Stpbutcool1 wrote, "is "Area 51" real and is it possiabe that they have life forms from space that we just dont know about??????"

No.

And it's not necessary to use more than one question mark when asking a question.

Dave Mitsky
2004-Dec-10, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by misha2dope@Dec 10 2004, 05:31 AM
i was just talking about Area 51 with somebody and we talked about it for a really long time. yes Area 51 is real and no one knows for sure if they have these things. it even seems that USA landing on the moon was a fake. heres the proof.* in the years USA launched their rocket to the moon, you couln't hear a thing the austranuts where saying because the egine of the rocket was extremely loud. also, when they put the flag, it was moving as if the wind was blowing on it. THERE IS NO WIND ON THE MOON!!! their Area 51 is really secured. there where 3 12 year old kids who decided to walk by that place. as soon they came near, they got shot. the security took the kids into their place and that was the end. i don't think that they really have anything.(maybe they do, who knows) all this information is topsecret and no one will ever know. if it was real it would all over the news. and NASA would be on that project :blink:

For an explanation of the misunderstood phenomenon of the US flag "waving" see http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/Flag.htm

These sites further refute the preposterous moon landing hoax urban myth:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/as...2.htm?list45245 (http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm?list45245)

http://www.apollo-hoax.me.uk/

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

Do you really think that the Soviet Union would have permitted the US to pull such a fast one?

Dave Mitsky

Jakenorrish
2004-Dec-10, 09:32 AM
That bad astronomy site is excellent. I saw the program on the fake moon landings recently. I think the scientific term for it is 'a load of rubbish'!

Z28Jerry
2004-Dec-12, 12:37 PM
Area 51 is nothing more than an advanced aeronautical test and development area. Nothing more. During the cold war it was neccesary for us to have such an area. We knew that in those times, nothing was really secret. But it's location and spy technology at the time meant that we could keep secrets longer with a base in that location.

While I have not been on base, I know two that have. I was not surprised to hear it was a pretty boring place. Nothing goofy. Just a lot of top-secret programs that require good security to maintain our advantage over known and unkown world enemies. Just a bunch of engineers, pilots, maint. guys, clerks, lunchroom ladies, the usual. But I was told that even they laugh at the "Area 51" jokes and whatnot.

As far as them having alien life there, not a chance. IF the goverment was capable of keeping such a secret (and there is no way they could due to international spies, yes real james bond type stuff) it would NOT be at area 51. There are about 20-30 other places where they could keep the secret longer and do research. But it would have been leaked in an manner that refutes a brush off by now.

That being said, the moon landing was fake. So is every space mission. Everyone here knows that outerspace radiation is so stong our ships would need shielding so thick we could not achieve escape velocity;)

But bigfoot is real. So is the lockness. I had lunch with them last week.

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-12, 02:21 PM
Jerry's right!

It's basically a lot of media coverage about "Area 51" having facilites where they develop UFO's based on technologies received from aliens.

They supposedly have tested the stealth aircraft there .I think that later on during the 80s, the bases size doubled and the length of the runway increased to 27,000 ft. The UFO bit comes because mysterious lights began to appear over the airspace of the base.

Today, the government has closed some numerous vewing spots that have direct views of anything that goes on at the base. A physicist named Bob Lazar claimed that he worked at a base south of "Area 51" and that "Area 51" was testing extremely advanced forms of aircraft. Since then, Area 51 has been thought to be the test center of captured UFOs but this is because of the lights in the night sky.

As Jake Norrish has exclaimed, "Area 51" is
'a load of rubbish'!

Jakenorrish
2004-Dec-13, 04:02 PM
Hi Rigel!

I didn't say Area 51 is 'A load of rubbish' though I do think it probably is!

To clarify, I think that the television program concerning the fake moonlandings was shockingly bad however, and am glad to repeat that it was 'a load of rubbish'!! If this weren't such a mild mannered forum, I may well have used a few more choice words for it!!

Z28 Jerry, the explanation you've given about the radiation is quite interesting. If you weren't being sarcastic about the space missions (after such a good argument about area51 I hope you were!) I would gladly quote some of the things I've read in the past about it, but the best thing I can suggest is for you to read up about the Van Allen belts for yourself (Space's so called deadly radiation). www.badastronomy.com is a good place to start.

Cheers both!

Jake

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-13, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Jakenorrish@Dec 13 2004, 04:02 PM
To clarify, I think that the television program concerning the fake moonlandings was shockingly bad!
S'mai Jake Norrish?

Yes, I watched that programme. I found it intriguing how they managed to try to re-create the moment, physically attempting to prove it. I don't know whether you saw the end of the programme - some sort of "laser beam control centre" - not sure what the exact term is - ?

Jakenorrish
2004-Dec-14, 10:18 AM
S'mai Rigel!

I think the fact that they failed to mention that the radio signals from the apollo ships could be traced, the fact that there is moon rock which could not be faked and all other number of arguments to prove that man did go to the moon made it the worse piece of tabloid journalism!!

As for the laser beam thing.... Yes, I think I know what you were about to say!!

Jake

trevorsproston
2004-Dec-23, 07:48 PM
here's one for the conspiracy loonies.

Just tell them atht Area 51 is actually a decoy site, set up by THE GOVERNMENT to lead us all astray. The aliens are all being held in a bunker under Capitol Hill.

But don't tell anyone I told you - there's been a black van outside of my house for three days now......

trevorsproston
2004-Dec-23, 07:49 PM
here's one for the conspiracy loonies.

Just tell them that Area 51 is actually a decoy site, set up by THE GOVERNMENT to lead us all astray. Actually, the aliens are all being held in a bunker under Capitol Hill.

But don't tell anyone I told you - there's been a black van outside of my house for three days now......

Matthew
2004-Dec-24, 12:12 AM
If you know the name of a supposedly top secret site that offically does not exist then do you think you are barking up the wrong tree?

astromark
2004-Dec-24, 08:13 AM
Woof! Woof!, wrong tree, and forest. The tendancy for people to beleave the redickulouse astounds me. Pleased to see they are few.
Late in 1946 and onthrough 1947 the US needed to know what was going on in some places they could not visat. Like the regions of Cuba controled by the milatary and the Regions of the USSR that were within range of the USA. One of the methods experamented with at this time with some difaculty was the high altidude healium baloon. From my resurch there were several 'problem launches' It was one of these that crashed to earth near Roswell. and three other unplaned landings. It was this program that was run from the area we now as area51. This facility is still used today for the testing and opperation of 'defence department' operations. Shhh, its a secret so please dont tell every one.
Please do tell what is 'Facilaty 7'in the New Mexico hills, and why is it painted black.? ... its very well fenced, with cameras and.....theres men at the door.

trevorsproston
2004-Dec-26, 07:00 PM
Dear Matthew,

Regarding my knowing the identity of a secret base: surely this has never stopped the lunatic fringe. I face similar, though smaller scale, problems when I teach at Space School UK. Recently, I 've been meeting more youngsters who believe that the Apollo Moon Landings were faked. I've got so tired of trying to talk to them rationally that I simply ask them "What do you want me to tell you?" Often, this produces a look of puzzlement, allowing me to expatiate on the space program.

However, as nothing is so easy to do as convince someone of what they want to believe, I would like to send a new UFO rumour off on its merry way, the same way that the whole UFO bonanza began, and to see how long it would take for it to become orthodoxy. Of course, now that I've revealed my intentions, I can't do it.

Damn.

Jakenorrish
2005-Jan-11, 04:13 PM
Hi Trevor,

just a little off topic, but where's Space School Uk? Perhaps you could start a new thread to tell us about it?

cheers,

Jake

trevorsproston
2005-Jan-12, 10:24 PM
Space School UK was founded in 1989 as a means of providing young people - 14 and upwards - with experience of space exploration/exploitation issues through lectures, visits and practical projects, such as model rocketry, basic robotics astronomy, space business etc. It's residential, and currently runs at Leicester University in the UK at Easter and Summer.

I've been involved since the very beginning.

stpbutcool1
2005-Jan-19, 03:06 PM
Please do tell what is 'Facilaty 7'in the New Mexico hills, and why is it painted black.? ... its very well fenced, with cameras and.....theres men at the door.

yes. this is quite interesting
i dont thenk it is possiable becouse even if it is will fenced and have cameras every where and have a men all round
it would be way to eazy to spot :ph34r: dont you agree i thank if the goverment was holding out on us they would have a bilding underwater or something somewhere where people would not see it so eazy :blink: