PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Consols

Matthew
2004-Dec-09, 06:52 AM
Id still like to know who said that, Matthew....

And I thought we could all forget about it.....

I beleive I was referring to your comment bossman :lol:

you would not beieve all the stuff Sony and XBox fanboys come out with

Now sony does make PlayStation.....

bossman20081
2004-Dec-10, 11:52 PM
Me?? :lol: I thought you were talking about me, but I wasnt sure. I never called all Sony fans senseless fans who follow a company (Im infering that you meant that; I couldnt really tell by your post :o ) I wasnt insulting you Matthew, but if youve ever been on any kind of game forum, youd see mindless people, completely biased, bashing a system when theyve never even played it (this goes for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft fanboys, although XBox fans are usually the worst, believe me, never visit the XBox forums) And I wasnt saying that all Sony fans are like that, I know plenty of people who like Sony who arent senseless people following a certain, who have an opinion (this goes for all gamers) I hope that cleared that up...

BTW Did your post "We Sony fany do not go crazy over the BEST overall console in existance!!!!" mean that you dont like the best overall system? Because why wouldnt you? Or were you infering that PS2 is the best console?

Matthew
2004-Dec-11, 09:25 AM
I wasnt insulting you Matthew,

Nor did I ever think you were.

BTW Did your post "We Sony fany do not go crazy over the BEST overall console in existance!!!!" mean that you dont like the best overall system? Because why wouldnt you? Or were you infering that PS2 is the best console?

My mistake, my mistake. The PS2 is the best overall consol (when you include games the PS2 is best. Though Xbox is undoubtedly the best consol).

bossman20081
2004-Dec-11, 03:40 PM
I guess i mistook your post; I thought you were insulted. You just wrote that post and I had no idea what you were talking about nor to whom.

Yes, Playstation undoubtebly has the best variety and selection when it comes to games, but I think Nintendo actually has the best games, they just lack third party support so there goes the variety and selection. XBox is just...there. I like XBox and all, its just missing out.

Well, I like the Gamecube, PS2, and XBox (in that order). What about everyoone else?

Matthew
2004-Dec-12, 05:37 AM
PS2, Xbox, Gamecube.

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-12, 09:33 AM
I'd say Xbox, PS2 and then Gamcube. I'm not a big fan of the gamecube - it's got extremely limeted oline play.

galaxygirl
2004-Dec-12, 02:23 PM
I own a Gamecube but I also like how PS2 has a wide variety of games. I've never used an XBox so I can't really say anything about it.

bossman20081
2004-Dec-12, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Rigel@Dec 12 2004, 04:33 AM
I'd say Xbox, PS2 and then Gamcube. I'm not a big fan of the gamecube - it's got extremely limeted oline play.
Two games. Thats the only games online for the cube. (Phantasy Star Online I+II, Sega) Nintendo has nothing to do with those games either. Doesnt matter for me, I dont go online with any of my consoles, thats only including PS2 and Gamecube, my XBox was stolen. :angry:

Anyway, you got to understand the reason for Ninty doing that. Its not profitable. The reason is its simply not mainstream yet. Only 10% of PS2 and Xbox users out there actually use their online capabilities (Microsoft runs their XBox online and are losing a lot of money on it and Sony leaves onlines up to the developers) But they saw their problems and said that online will be mainstream within the next 4-6 years- thats practically announcing that Revolution (thats the codename for Nintys next console) will be online. And since its Nintendo, you can bet that it will be free or very cheap. Theyve already started to go in that direction- the DS (Nintendos newest portable and its NOT a gameboy) is wi-fi compatible. All you need is a wireless router and you can play anybody else on wi-fi (though not yet, the mainframe for the wi-fi isnt up yet, but it will be soon)

Im curious Rigel, what games have you played- or anyone else- played on Gamecube? XBox? PS2?

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-12, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by bossman20081@Dec 12 2004, 03:12 PM
Im curious Rigel, what games have you played- or anyone else- played on Gamecube? XBox? PS2?
First of all, I'm sorry your XBox was stolen!

The only time I play PS2 and Gamecube is when I go to a mates house. It's all the usual games on PS2 - Driver (1&2), Grand Theft Auto etc

As for XBox, I mainly play rally championship games - rally series in general and Midtown Madness, 1, 2 and mainly 3.

How about you?

bossman20081
2004-Dec-12, 07:43 PM
First of all, I'm sorry your XBox was stolen!

So am I! I loved my XBox... :(

I dont see any Gamecube games, dont tell me youve never played any of them?

My games? Well since you asked...

Gamecube
-Zelda:Windwaker
-Sonic DX
-Luigis Mansion
-Mario Sunshine
-Need for Speed:Underground
-Big Air Freestyle

PS2
-Madden 2004
-Nascar 2003
-The Sims
-Budakai
-Tony Hawk Proskater 4
-Grand Theft Auto III
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

And Im going to sell all of my XBox games (because I dont have an XBox)

Thats just them two, I also have a Gameboy Advance and a 64, but I dont feel like listing them right now....

Betelgeuse
2004-Dec-13, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by bossman20081@Dec 12 2004, 07:43 PM
I dont see any Gamecube games, dont tell me youve never played any of them?
I have played gamecube games, but like I've stressed before, I'm not all that impressed with the nintendo system. I have, however played Viewtiful Joe, Pinball Hall of Fame, Mario Party and Alien Homonid. Not very impressed........

Do you find the sims good on PS2? I play it on the PC but I may consider wanting to ty it on PS2. Have you tried the sims 2?

bossman20081
2004-Dec-15, 08:27 PM
Alien Homind, and Veiwtiful Joe are both multi-platform so you cant really say that about Gamecube unless youre saying that about PS2, which you arent. Mario Party has been trash since the third one (maybe the new ones different...) and every pinball game Ive played sucks, so I see no reason why this one would be different. Id recommend you play some games actually made by Nintendo, those are always the best.

The Sims, meh, thats a game where you either like it or dont and Im one of the people who dont. I havent played The Urbs yet, so I dont know....

BTW Ive heard great reviews about Veiwtiful Joe, is it the cell shaded graphics or game play that pushes you away from this game?

stpbutcool1
2004-Dec-17, 06:55 PM
I LOVE X-BOX

bossman20081
2004-Dec-17, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by stpbutcool1@Dec 17 2004, 01:55 PM
I LOVE X-BOX
Do you have to spam? Write a detailed post about why you like the XBox and whats wrong with the others (Im assuming you dont like the others)

Spacefreak2
2004-Dec-18, 09:28 AM
why are you so angry bossman20081????????? Are you an evil man????? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

bossman20081
2004-Dec-18, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Spacefreak2@Dec 18 2004, 04:28 AM
why are you so angry bossman20081????????? Are you an evil man????? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
LOL, I dont know, maybe I am... ;) Oh no, now Im spamming :D

Nah, Im not evil (I hope :P ).